What's new

Tobacco manufacturing tourism

North Americans are blessed to have so many fine producers of tobacco and I wonder if anyone has been to any of the "factories" at all? Maybe taken photos you could share?

I loved the Samuel Gawith tour that was recently posted here and would love to see more from other factories.

I'm also interested if anyone knows of any producers that I could check out when in Germany next year visiting SWMBO's family? I know Denmark is a major producer but am quite sure Germany has some class acts as well.

I wish I had. I've had spare time and I've been in that part of the country, but I've never had both at the same time.

I know that Dan Tobacco is in Germany....and that't all I've got.

Here are some MacBaren factory tours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright @robster I have a german pipe smoking friend( again, person I never met who I know from the Internet.

He said.
DanTobacco is a place I yet have to visit myself, but that would be the one factory I know of that will be glad to show you around. K&K doesn't do tours from what I've heard. And that's about it. There are only these two manufacturer. Then there are several B&M's all over Germany, which are worth visiting. Where exactly in Germany are they going to be?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It's kind of amazing when you find out just how small most of these operations are, and that the "factories" are more like garages.

Here's one of my favorites. Cornell & Diehl Especially the last picture. :blink:

Woo hoo! Dan it is. We'll be around Frankfurt but will be tripping north so it will fit well with or plans. Was hoping they'd be happy for a tour, they seem proud of their heritage so guessed they may be.

Top Bottom