What's new

Maggard Chai Tea

Tried this soap for the first time today. And sadly it will be my last.

The performance was great. Produced one of the thickest/dense lathers I've seen. The scent was absolutely fantastic. Strong cinnamon scent. Really hard to notice much of anything else. This soap did not remind me of chai tea one bit, mostly just cinnamon. But it smelled great.

The problem with this soap is that it burned my face like no other and left me red. I've had this problem with Mama Bear Soaps before and was hoping that it wouldn't happen with this soap because I was looking forward to it so much. But, unfortunately I can't continue to use it and had to toss it.

The good news is that I have a sample of Maggard Barber shop. So I'm hoping I won't have the same problem with this milder scent.

Wish me luck!

Same happened to me. However I don't have the same issue with any of the other Maggard scents thank god because their performance is very good.

I ordered the sample pack from Maggard's and the first one I tried was Chai Tea, and I experienced the same burn and red skin. Had to wash my face and whip up some Proraso Blue to soothe my skin... I've also tried the London Barbershop and Orange Menthol and they also caused face burn, although a lot less than Chai Tea did. I'm gonna try the rest of the samplers but I'm not very optimistic about them which is a real shame.

I bought all seven samples from Maggard's and had the same issue with the Chai tea. I am currently using the Fougere Sauvage. It has a slight tingle but not enough to keep me from using it. The scent is nice but not my favorite.

I hope they can tweak the recipes at some point because performance is excellent. But it seems that many people have reactions to the soap

Unfortunately, I too had a face burn from London Barbershop. It's sad because I really liked the scent and performance of this product.

I am happy to report that my skin did not have a negative reaction toward the London Barbershop scent!

No problems here with Maggard. All of the Maggard soaps are made by Maria Arman. If the Maggard scents do not work for you, you can choose from a larger collections of Maria's soaps at her e-shop, including an unscented soap, at:

http://www.ttffcraft.com

aww man i really wish i had read this before i ordered it yesterday lol... it was on sale for cyber monday for 8.95 and i was like who can go wrong with that price.. I SOO HOPE I DONT GET THIS WICKED BURN!

If you don't get any reactions to this soap I think you will enjoy it. The scent is great (if you don't mind cinnamon) and the lather it produces is great

Haha feel free to send it my way for proper disposal :). But seriously, it's always a shame when the soap doesn't work out. We can only ever hope it doesn't reoccur down the road, happy shaving!

I've always been weary to try cinnamon scented soaps because of that, that's the only reason LPV isn't in my possession yet

LPV is worth the risk. Only because you can lather it a couple times and still put it on BST for near full price because it's in such high demand.

Lol so I tried it tonight and had the wicked burn haha. I lathered it onto my face and loved it. First Maggard razors soap and such a nice lather. So basically I lathered it and nothing bout it on my whole face and just felt a tingle. Right as I picked up my razor. Boom felt like someone put my face on fire. I was like oh man this is intense. Went for the first pass and only got to half my face before I had to stop and wipe it off. Couldn't handle it. Such a shame and waste of money :/. Finished up with the Stirling MITA. And that cool felt so good even on a cool night.

Lol. Sounds identical to my experience. Such a shame. Some of these artisans get a little heavy handed on the cinnamon oil. Lol

Idk, but it would be nice to have a plan b like that to salvage soaps. I wonder if the vendors read public feedback and adjust their recipes. Many have been complaining about the burning of this soap.

Top Bottom