What's new

and the vote for the easiest soap to lather is.

One vote for Razorock. Just 20 or 30 seconds with a semogue and some water and it's perfect for me.

Curious what others think.....your vote goes to..?

imo, being a beginner i dont have to much exp with everything, and i dont know anything bout the HTGAM (NOW called "phoenix artisan accouterments" controversy but it would be synergy. i can do 2 swirls on that puck and great a great lather going. i am using a boar brush.

would love to try the martin de candre but unfortunately i probably wont ever be able to. way to expensive sadly. its looks pretty awesome, esp in that glass jar. being a college student with a part time job its is pretty expensive when you gotta pay for everything yourself haha. hopefully once i have a career in 4 years ill be able to..

So far, RazoRock is pretty much it for me as well. I've tried several different ones, but RR has been the easiest.

Slight twist to answer: in hard, inhospitable water, MdC wins, but not by that much. Strop Shoppe's Special Edition, Barrister and Mann's Black Label, and LASSC are pretty darn close -- they all lather really easily and well. (Arko, too, but for some reason I don't really count Arko.)

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
MdC

then the "clones" - not intended to be derogatory, love some of the scents, not in any order

Maggard, LASSC, Strop Shoppe, La Toja

Edit: did not mean to imply La Toja is a MdC clone.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Any of the WSP (Wet Shaving Products) soaps for me are the easiest so far. As these are patterned after the MdC it's not surprising.

Top Bottom