What's new

Streamline Time!

Indeed. The Streamline is probably the most exquisitely crafted razor that I own, and certainly one of my favorites. Still, this morning I put it away and shaved with a very ordinary Ever-Ready 1912 for which I believe I paid $9.

I have to confess that my face cannot tell the difference. :001_smile

--Bob

My favorite SE razor. Shaves great and looks great.

$Ever Ready Steamline 2.jpg

Some one got a great E-bay bargin tonight. A Streamline cased set minus stroppe in apparent good condition for a meesily £23.80, plus £3.60 P+P, not bad when another fellow is aking £35 on a buy it now deal.

Sorry if I missed it but was a carbon blade used in the SL? I am not sure how one could not see a clear difference with the SL over a 1912. Carbon blade is key with this razor.

Sorry if I missed it but was a carbon blade used in the SL? I am not sure how one could not see a clear difference with the SL over a 1912. Carbon blade is key with this razor.
Used a NOS GEM Duridium blade which is indeed carbon steel. I don't get on with the stainless at all.
And I certainly did notice a difference between the Streamline and the 1912s, but YMMV.
For my technique, I prefer the 1912s but acknowledge that the luxurious feel of the Streamline is also a great pleasure :)

Top Bottom