What's new

A Good Hunt

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Went out Friday night and Saturday morning. Brought home a cull buck and two hogs. Gonna have breakfast sausage and stew meat for a while. The little one was a big help with the cleaning.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 81
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81

martym

Rock River Arms .308 with a NightForce 5 1/2 x 22 x 56 scope. I got the black hog at 189yds. The buck at 135. The smaller hog at 55 yards.

Nicely done, good looking buck. How does wild hog meat taste? Is it comparable to commercialy raised pork, or gamey tasting? Quite lean I would guess?

martym

Completely different from store bought. Very lean. Just keep them under 150 lbs and they aren't very gamey. I prefer them under 100 lbs.
that was the smallest of 4 bucks but the others had quality racks and as you can see, this guy's were very thin. So he got culled. It is very difficult to have a huge trophy buck in the crosshairs and move over and take out the cull. But what a problem to have!

It's good to see Texas bucks of that size. When I was in my teens(25 years ago) all the white tails I ever saw from Texas were the size of greyhounds.

Top Bottom