What's new

New Swedish member

Hey all!

I can't remember how long I've been visiting this forum, but I only signed up today. I started shaving with a DE razor about 7 or 8 years ago, started out with a Merkur HD which worked like a charm for years but was lucky enough to find an old vintage Swedish safety razor while going through my grandfathers belongings after he passed and decided to try it. I was actually able to find out the name of the manufacturer but I've forgotten it by now, it was manufactured sometime in the '30s, sold cheap back then but for me it was a big improvement over the Merkur.

I've been using mostly TOBS and Castle & Forbes creams throughout these years but about half a year back I got sucked into the whole artisan soap thing... That lead to me becoming even more interested in soaps and shaving products in general and also to get myself signed up here. Until now the answers to all the questions I might have had were accessible through the search function, so I never saw the need to register, but it might be fun to become more active.

See you in the soap section (and elsewhere too probably)!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Welcome aboard. You'll feel right at home here- half of the Swedish Bikini Team are members.

Welcome! We think my paternal grandmother was a pure Swede (but Schleswig-Holstein has also been rumored) but she was born in the US. We haven't uncovered where her ancestors came from but her maiden name was Olson.

Welcome fellow Swede! (I've got dual citizenship :001_smile). I'd love to see a pic of that old razor you got from your Grandfather's belongings.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :001_smile

Welcome! We think my paternal grandmother was a pure Swede (but Schleswig-Holstein has also been rumored) but she was born in the US. We haven't uncovered where her ancestors came from but her maiden name was Olson.
If her name was Olson than yes, she was probably Swedish. For a danish person from Schleswig-Holstein it would have been Olsen. :)
Welcome fellow Swede! (I've got dual citizenship :001_smile). I'd love to see a pic of that old razor you got from your Grandfather's belongings.
I tried to take a few pics with my phone but none turned out good... I gave it a thorough cleaning this morning and the model I have is a Matador De Luxe, which has been written about here on the forum. Unlike most of the ones that I've seen pictures of here mine has a bakelite handle.

Welcome to B&B. Glad that you joined us. So... what are your favorite artisan shave soaps?
WARHAWK
Well, the whole reason I got into them in the first place was that I'd been looking for something anise-scented, and while reading here I stumbled upon Stirling's Anise. I ordered that one along with a few others of their's and they are fantastic! I have quite a few by now, but my favorites would be Anise, Ozark Mountains and Margaritas in the Arctic. Barrister & Mann's Leviathan and Mike's Hungarian Lavender are in heavy rotation at the moment, they're both phenomenal and perfect for the season.

Welcome, get ready to start your acquisition disorders. Luckily, you're in good company!
I'm already enjoying my acquisition disorders just fine... Since I'm paying $20-30 shipping on every order I try to limit them to no more than two per month, but I'm not always successful... Another order from Stirling and my first order from Mystic Water are already planned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom