What's new

opinion Erasmic shaving stick

They keep reformulating it, so it really depends on the version you get. The one of a couple of years ago was a disaster. Almost as bad as the Boots stick.

There are a great number of soaps that are infinitely better than Erasmic. I rate it just slightly above the canned goop, and that's only because it comes in stick form. It's just one of those "ah sure that'll satisfy somebody looking for "real" shaving soap" products that most pharmacies carry. Arko is much cheaper and would put most soaps to shame for its lathering ability. Erasmic ingredients, at least in the last formulation, weren't great.

The one I tried was rather dry and crumbled when I tried to use it. I eventually milled it and tried to use it as a soap puck. The lather was mediocre.

I acquired a couple of older ones (early - mid 1990s vintage) and they are great. Not much in the way of scent though but that could just be because of their age.

The way the cream and black bowl soap have been reformulated, there's bound to be a new stick an the scene soon.

I had the dry and crumbly re-reformulation, while it smelled great the lather was unusable.
The older original formula was pretty good, I hear.

Top Bottom