What's new

Has Anyone Tried This Soap? Shea Butter Himalaya

I came across this soap and it caught my attention. Has anyone tried it? It's by "Men's Soap Company" Himalaya with Shea Butter. It's main ingredient is glycerin.

$soap.jpg$soap_.jpg

I am just curious how it might perform. I hate to buy another soap if it's just a different scent.

Last edited:
If glycerin is the 1st ingredient, would that suggest it's a melt and pour soap?

EDIT:
hmmm, it's also got hydroxide so there was saponification. Interesting formula.

The Takin is the national animal of Bhutan, a country within the eastern Himalayan range. I have been up close and personal with a Takin. I pray that this Himalayan soap does not smell like a Takin.$takin.jpg

Bump. Any users/reviewers out there?

Is the Henry Cavendish Himalayan with Shea Butter?

Last edited:
I will get right to the point, I bought some on eBay for 7bucks with shipping. Great soap I would say its lather is as good a Tabac. That said I used a Fatboy with a medical Persona blade, Omega 49 boar brush. I got a great shave this morning with this product. I would give it a 10, Nice low key sent, it left my face feeling quite smooth. I would buy it again. Cheers, Michael

I took a chance and bought some of this soap off of Amazon.. I've been using it daily for the last couple of weeks, I think it's amazing stuff. Lathers easily, low key smell, smooth shave, and the post-shave feeling is nice. I have sensitive skin, and have also used Mitchell's Wool Fat. I prefer this soap, especially if I don't have time to work with the Fat.

It performed pretty well. That's it on the left below, the slightly yellowish one and the one on the right is MWF. my general approach last year was to use a shea butter soap like this one and MWF when I shaved. I found it easy to lather in the bowl I left it in.

The fragrance faded away after a few months, so I'm not too sure what it was like - but pleasant and not too strong.

$IMG_0582.jpg

I will get right to the point, I bought some on eBay for 7bucks with shipping. Great soap I would say its lather is as good a Tabac. That said I used a Fatboy with a medical Persona blade, Omega 49 boar brush. I got a great shave this morning with this product. I would give it a 10, Nice low key sent, it left my face feeling quite smooth. I would buy it again. Cheers, Michael

Now I am tempted to buy some.

Okay, you guys talked me into it. I just ordered some. It got many 5 star reviews on Amazon.
I plan on putting it in the microwave for 18 seconds to melt it in a mug. If anyone has experience with this can you tell me if 18 seconds sounds like a good place to start?

Last edited:
I didn't melt mine, but I'd bet a 15-18 seconds would be a good place to start. I might try it next time, the puck doesn't want to stick to the container I keep it in.

Top Bottom