What's new

The effect of Mad Men and Don Draper on this site and culture?

Would I be drinking Old Fashioneds and shaving with DE razors had their not been a Mad Men?

mad Men began in 2007 correct? This site began??

how much of wet shaving and nostalgia can be credited to the show, and how much to Gillette greed?

History_of_B_and_B: "Badgerandblade.com was founded in August of 2005 by Joel, Nick, Scott (Scotto), Andrew (Austin), Randy (Rtaylor61), Randy (rschul2), Ron (guenron), Mark (mark the shoeshine boy), Art (AACJ), and Rik - to create a fluid online community with the ability, and the desire to promote the near-lost art of Traditional wetshaving."

It might be accurate to say that they both sprang from the same cultural source.

I started DE wet-shaving in 1960, then after 20 years stopped. Restarted this year. For me, nothing to do with a teevee show, but nice if it expands the number of wet-shavers.

While I've heard of the show, I don't recognize Don Draper's name. Suffice it to say, those things had no impact on my wet shaving experiences.

I have only seen a couple of episodes and started wet shaving before that.

Glad those days are in the past. They were only great if you were Don Draper.

Never heard of Mad Man or Danny Drapper? I have been wet shaving since 1970? So I doubt any tv show in the 2000's influenced me. Wrong century.

I started wet shaving within the last month and I have never seen the show... I saw an old DE in a local antique shop and was mesmerized by the idea of shaving with a tool that has seen more history made than my father has... And now I'm hooked.

Sorry, no credit to Mad Men either. Straight Razor shaver, not Gillette products on my lineup (at the moment), I haven't seen the show (will git it a try tho).

But if it has helped the traditional wetshaving culture, then is OK on my book :thumbup1:

I saw "Mad Men" once, thought it was overrated, unrealistic, and dull.

I tried wetshaving, and once I mastered it, I thought it was underrated, sensible, and enjoyable.

I like mad Men, but I got here because of the Rick Harrison Micro Touch One ad which piqued my interest in vintage Gillette razors.

I like mad Men, but I got here because of the Rick Harrison Micro Touch One ad which piqued my interest in vintage Gillette razors.

+1....I enjoy watching Pawn Stars and the Rick Harrison commercial piqued my interest. I think he mentions at one point how cost effective safety razor shaving is.....so much for truth in advertising! :thumbup1:

As we can see, Badger and Blade precedes Mad Men. However I'm sure that Mad Men to some degree fueled interest. I had heard that the straight razor shaving scene in the last James Bond movie set off a straight razor buying binge that created a shortage of straights.

For me getting back to shaving with a DE was because of frustration at the high cost of plastic cartridges making me pine for the days of my youth of shaving with a Gillette Super Adjustable, Schick Platinum blades and canned Noxzema.

I couldn't have imagined that today's wet shaving would be even better than that.

Strictly cost savings here. Plus not having to go to the store and buy carts. For some reason I get annoyed any time someone puts something in a special box to keep it from being stolen so I have to find a manager with a key or they attach some lame black spider looking contraption on the box.

DE shaving is fun and I seldom miss a day. When I cart shaved I looked foreward to the weekend when i didn't shave just for spite.

Top Bottom