What's new

Best Shave You Ever Had

If you can remember the smoothest and closest shave you ever experienced in your entire life with a "double edge safety razor" post the details here.

For me, and very recently I may add:

With 2 days growth I loaded my
Muhle R89 Jet with a
New Feather blade then
Bowl AND face lathered with
Nice and warm Palmolive Classic shaving cream in a
Georgetown G20 shaving scuttle
Using 3 passes and a very slight touchup I
Achieved a BBS shave then finished up with a
Splash of Pinaud Clubman AS

I can honestly say that for me it doesn't get much better than this.

Todays shave was pretty awesome, but I don't know if it was my best. whenever it was, I can be certain that it was after 3 or 4 days growth as that always produces a marvelous shave for me. but, because today was so awesome:

2 day growth
1967 Slim with a Feather blade (2)
Face lathered Tabac with
Omega 10098 "Face Broom"
two pass: XTG then ATG (always)
Near BBS, borderline
Nivea ASB

Beautiful.

I'll try what I can remember a while back (for some reason). Maybe it was more the day it clicked for me than the best shave ever.

Astra SP blade, Gillette Tech razor, Mike's Natural Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper, Omega Badger/Boar Mix brush, and Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm.

This week, my first Gillette NEW arrived, i put in a personna, loaded up some bay rum. Best shave ever.

A couple weeks ago I obtained a Gillette long comb razor. So it was the second shave with that and..
A Personna lab blue blade.
Mikes natural lime shave soap.
I used my Whipped dog synthetic brush.
Post shave was that Nivea balm.
Baby butt smooth. No nicks or weepers. Minimal touch up.
Win.

Today. No wait, yesterday. Actually, for me every day is BBS or DFS now that I have perfected my technique.

Vintage gold Progress
Gillette Platinum
Nivea shaving cream

washed my face with mwf soap with hot water. whipped up the Nivea with my muhle fiber and put a thick coat on. thinned it out a bit on my face after running my fingers under hot water. set that progress to 2 and with nice gentle strokes began the shaves. my eyes instantly lit up and i was in heaven. couldnt believe the smoothness from this progress. ive been using a shavette for a bit now, but i cant wait to get back to the progress shaves.

Thanks to continued improvement and recent beard mapping, this morning's event was perhaps the finest shave I've had (or at least in the top 3):

1.5 days growth
Merkur 20C
Face lather Cade shave soap
w/ an Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
New Astra Platinum SP
WTG - XTG - ATG
Witch Hazel Application
BBS result topped off with Cade Aftershave Balm

I should also say thanks to the entire B&B crew for providing the knowledge and encouragement to reach this morning's result.

When I tried Permasharp blades. I used Proraso Green shaving cream along with the Proraso preshave oil. Wow, from that moment I was sold because the Permasharp performed much better compared to Astra SP. The shave wnet so smooth, no nicks, no burns or any other bad side effects. I was amazed by them so I ordered 200 of them, since that day I get great shaves.

Later I started to use an open comb razor, the Fatip Piccollo the shaves got even better and better. I have tried many other brands but the Permasharps are the best, they work the best on my skin and type of hair.

I love this hobby. Seriously this is the only place on the entire planet where people can understand me (because we are all shaving freaks :thumbup:)

Top Bottom