What's new

New Wiborg Line - "White Badger"

I'm not sure if a lot of people have been following Wiborg Shaving lately, but they just released their new "White Badger" line. Also, they have the knots set in some pretty cool handles, with the handle design name engraved onto the handle.

They are describing the hair as: "White Badger hair is a rare selection of the finest High Mountain badger hair. This specifically selected badger hair type is exclusively used for the Wiborg Shaving 'White Badger' product line".

I have one coming in the mail, so I'll update this thread once it arrives, with pictures, of course.

I hate not having any money... Might be time to sell some things...

I know that feeling. This is my late birthday present to myself, so that's my only justification. I was kicking myself in the butt for missing the High Mountain Badger line.

Just for conversation's sake, they posted a photo of the whole series on their social media sites. They are very sharp looking, in my humble opinion.

$wiborg white badger1.jpg
$wiborg white badger2.jpg

I'm very curious as to what the bristles will feel like. I really like the high contrast of the white and black.

In my personal opinion, they're about as nice as they get. Though they aren't as well known, I'd confidently put them to the "Pepsi challenge" against Simpsons, Rooney, & Morris & Forndran. I like all of the aforementioned brands. I'm also not saying that any one is "superior". Objectively, they perform on a similar level.

Here's a wet brush shot from their "Manchurian" line:

$ManchurianWiborg4.jpg

Those look beautiful....large knots...

If my memory serves me correctly, the smallest knot they have done, released through their website (I believe they do custom brushes, upon request), was a 24mm knot.

They definitely have the looks. Looks aren't everything, though, and I'm interested to see how they perform. I've had a Wiborg Finest two-band and a Manchurian before, and they performed very, very well, so I would be pretty optimistic. (If I were able to get one...)

Last edited:
I have one on the way. It's my understanding they're just the high mountain whites, with a different label. I used one of their brushes in Finest today for the first time.... Just lovely.

Thanks. So the finest are by custom order only I take it. Seems site only shows white badger available.

That's the case currently. Until they make more, I think it's just custom orders and what is currently available on the site.

Wonder how these stack up against other top players. I'm sure someone could chime in.....show a side by side

I own Wiborg, M&F, Shavemacs, Simpsons, Thaters, etc.

Before I recently recieved my first Wiborg, my favorite was my M&F's. I was so blown away with the shave of my Finest Wiborg, i thought for a minute I was actually shaving with my M&F. In fact i just ordered a White Mountain Wiborg the other day.

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

@Shadowboxer

I saw you post this brush the other day, and I have to say, it's beautiful. I can definitely agree with you on the knot quality. But that's a really nice handle. The white on blue with black marbling is very striking.

@Shadowboxer

I saw you post this brush the other day, and I have to say, it's beautiful. I can definitely agree with you on the knot quality. But that's a really nice handle. The white on blue with black marbling is very striking.

Thank you. As much as I love my M&F's, the Wiborg engraving IMO adds a level of impressiveness that makes it stick out against all my other brushes in a way the M&F doesnt.

Dont get me wrong - I would never give up my M&F's. But the Wiborg is a very impressive all around package.

Top Bottom