What's new

I want it but I'm not paying for it!

So, what in the Wide World of Shaving is something you really want but have decided against forking over that kind of money?

I want a few things that I find a little pricey so I just won't buy it. I want a Merkur Futur in a satin finish, an Ikon Slant, and a RazoRock Stealth Slant just to name a few. There are also various brushes, soaps, and creams that seem to be very nice and get great reviews but I just don't think it'd be worth the money.

I would really like to have a merkur progress or mergress, but I think $100 is a lot to pay for a pot metal razor. Also I would love a Simpson chubby 2 in best, but there is no way in heck I'm paying nearly $300 for it.

Everything at the moment as I joined the November restraint!

Prior to that, I was thinking about trying out an 1930's US Aristocrat razor, but I didn't want to spend $100+ not knowing how it would work out for me. I'm enjoying my NEW Long Comb currently.

So, what in the Wide World of Shaving is something you really want but have decided against forking over that kind of money?

Most of it! haha.. There are a lot of razors I'd like to try: The Futur, the ATT system, the Progress, and others, but no way I'm dropping that much on a razor. Same with expensive brushes, in my cheapness I've found that a broken in boar is perfect for me. I like nice creams, but so far most all of the ones I really like aren't that expensive.

At the end of the day, as much as I love the great shaves, I have other hobbies that need to drain my finances as well. :)

I really want the ASD2 and have almost pulled the trigger a few times since I like mild razors and admire good workmanship. But in the end, I realized that I much prefer TTOs to 3 piece razors, and especially like my Slim Adjustable and Fat Boy. I already have a Tech and that's mostly relegated to travel duty or for an occasional change of pace.

Top Bottom