What's new

November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While making a trip to pick up my little sister for a visit, I scored some goods at three different antique stores in 3 different towns. I picked up Old Spice late glass mugs 2 and 4, an injector (don't know enough about them to list the specifics), two Gem 1912's (1 is almost pristine in a case that is missing the liner), and a Gem Junior plastic handle. Here's the haul from the stores:
$IMG_20141107_225414971.jpg

When I got home a recent Ebay score had been delivered. A Gem Micromatic, Made Rite brush, and an Old Spice early glass number 1:
$IMG_20141107_225549263.jpg

All together:
$IMG_20141107_225727255.jpg

Not a bad haul for a day. The prices on everything ranged from a good deal to an absolute steal on my part. I went from 0 single blade razors to 5 in one day. Time to buy some blades.

Last edited:
how are ladas compared to rapiras? smoother, sharper?
Ladas and Rapira Platinum Lux blades are almost identical in quality and performance for me! The other Rapira lines are also good, but are a fraction below the first two. I averaged five shaves with my 5-pack sample of Ladas blades in the 'From Russia with Love" assortment from Italian Barber.

100 Count Astras
Lord L6
Feather AS-D2

Btw the lord is a polished turd, so rough on the saving edges. Not worth the $8 when you can get a utopia for $11.

Awaiting an order from Stirling Soaps. Sharp Dressed Man AS and soap, other soaps.

Received an ebay score: NOS, NIB Avon Wild Country cologne.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Waiting for arrival of my second tub of Biotique Bio Palmyra cream from a stocking seller in NJ (Amazon); Less waiting than shipping from India.

just got my first jar of Biotique Bio Palmyra and put it immediately to use. I was pleasantly surprised. works as well as most of my upper crust English creams for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom