What's new

What's a cream you tried that you just didn't like?

I've used maybe 5 creams/croaps and all were good. TOBS Jermyn Street, Nancy Boy Replenishing, Nivea Mild, RazoRock XXX (croap), Tiki Bar The Captain (croap). The Proraso Green in the tube was also a good performer but did not agree with my skin. Gave it away.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Kiehls lite flite shave cream for the brush.

It isn't shave cream as we know it, and is useless with a brush.
In a pinch it would make absolutely great spackling compound.

Caswell Massey 1752 (or some such date). Just didn't do the job, no matter what I did, including using it in a superlather. I really like their colognes, AS, bath soaps, but their shaving products just never were up to par. They've gone to new formulations, but I don't have enough confidence to try them.

SheaMoisture Shave African Black Soap Shave Creme. It didn't lather at all for me. Did I mention 0% lather. It is similar to the old fashion GoJo in the can that we used to claen grease off our hands after working on the car.

Because it costs 10.00 I am using it to wash my hands with until it is gone.

I bought(paid big price and big shipping) for some Norwegian cream two years ago. It was just terrible and made no real lather at all.Scent was poor also. It was so bad in fact,that for the life of me,I cannot remember the name!! I know its one of Norway's top sellers. But for me,it was worthless

Craig

Derby. Love the lemon smell, but way too drying for me. And some will hate this but, Real Shave Company as well. I got sensitive and menthol and my face didn't agree with either.

I've been shocked by how many creams I've been disappointed in. I can't pick one bad one; I'm trying to concentrate on the ones I love. Oh, yes, I can: Geo. F. Trumper Euchris. Awful pong, not very good performance. Just a sample, luckily.

I bought(paid big price and big shipping) for some Norwegian cream two years ago. It was just terrible and made no real lather at all.Scent was poor also. It was so bad in fact,that for the life of me,I cannot remember the name!! I know its one of Norway's top sellers. But for me,it was worthless

Craig

Fitjar?

For me it was Pre de Provence cream. Couldn't lather it to save my life. Shame to because the soap is awesome.

Last edited:
GFT lime, TOBS almond, TOBS sandalwood, TOBS lemon lime, TOBS avocado...in fact the only tobs i kept in my stash is the grapefruit, and only for scent, the performance is mediocre at best. The rest have been pif'd or traded.

Burts Bees (brushless), Barbasol brushless. I actually liked the Barbasol shave itself, but the whole messiness of using brushless creams does not appeal to me.

Was not impressed with Arko cream. Scent or performance. Certainly a step up (or two) from canned goo, but no where near the performer that other products I've tried.

Beerman

Top Bottom