What's new

Brush similar to Omega 10066

I'm about 6 months into DE shaving and doing really well. I face lather now with soaps, and find that my favorite brush hands down is my Omega 10066. I also have a Whipped Dog Silver tip badger. Sadly it is a shedder. But despite that, even though it is soft goodness, there is something about loading and face lathering with the boar. I just prefer it. I have an Omega 48 also. It is just too big for me to face lather. So, I'm looking for another brush like the 10066. I could just buy another one so I have two in the rotation, but I figure it will be easier for me to remember which one to use as I rotate them if the handle is a different color or different in some way. Thoughts?

Similar situation here.
I have two Omega brushes I use on alternating days.
80097 and an 80005.
The 97 has a curious plastic handle and the 5 is wooden.
I believe these and the 66 all share the same (or almost the same) knot.
And it's a great knot.
I face lather exclusively, and I have a goatee...The size of these is perfect.
Happy shaving.

could always try the 10065, i think its the same knot(not 100% positive on this) but the handle comes in different colors. red, blue, yellow etc

i have one and its a very solid brush. also just like all omega boars, it wont break the bank.

could always try the 10065, i think its the same knot(not 100% positive on this) but the handle comes in different colors. red, blue, yellow etc

i have one and its a very solid brush. also just like all omega boars, it wont break the bank.

The 10065 knot is slightly smaller at 23 mm I think. The 10066 is a 24.

Similar situation here.
80097 and an 80005.
And it's a great knot.
Happy shaving.

OK, I looked these up, and indeed, they have the same knot and loft. So, I will find some way to get one of those.

Similar situation here.
80097 and an 80005.
And it's a great knot.
Happy shaving.

Found the 80005 on amazon. Just ordered it. Thanks! Should be terrific. Found my sweet spot with this brush and Cella soap, Stirling soaps, face lather. Wonderful.

Sounds like you will really like the B&B Essential Boar for about $21. Check the sticky.

If you want an inexpensive but awesome face lathering brush, check out the Semogue 620

Ah, my Omega 80005 just arrived. Looks terrific. Same knot. Now to break it in! Nice beechwood handle.

Omega #80005 (with stand) #10005 (without stand) is the same knot as the 10066 but in a beach wood handle. Nothing fancy, but a fantastic face lathering workhorse and one of my favorites. I like it so much, I have a boxed spare as a backup and the best part is that in Canada, they can be picked up cheap at the Brick & Mortar store, Shoppers Drug Mart. Takes a good 100 shaves to fully break in but well worth it. Enjoy.

$PA312170.jpg

I am still going to recommend the Semogue 1800, for future references ;). While a tad smaller in knot size I find it is really comparable. Both are in my rotation and very recommendable.

I am still going to recommend the Semogue 1800, for future references ;). While a tad smaller in knot size I find it is really comparable. Both are in my rotation and very recommendable.

Looks like a great brush. If I break one of my Omegas I will get this one.

Top Bottom