What's new

Where is the Aqua Velva Love?

I have only been on here for a month but I am surprised by the lack of Aqua Velva love. I am 21 and love it, my grandpa never wore it, neither did my dad, so I don't have that "Old man" idea in my head. (That's how I feel about old spice EVERYONE in my family, my 9 uncles, granddads, dad, cousin.. they all wore that).

So I gotta ask why? it smells great, it feels ice cold and goes great with menthol creams/soaps, it heals and is on the cheaper side. Musk goes great in the winter with sandalwood type scents and is warm. Sport is pretty good to. Is is just because old people wear it? or because you can buy it at Walmart? just wondering, cheers guys!

It gets love, I think. Just not so much as to be super obvious in a month, maybe LOL.
As far as the "drug store brands" go, I think it's my own favorite. I don't like the Musk, personally, but the Ice Blue and (if I can find it) the Ice Sport are both winners.

The only complaint I see on here about it is the size of the hole in the restrictor cap. Requires the finger-over-the-hole technique to keep it reasonable.

I am new to the forum but not to shaving. I love Aqua Velva, Ice blue and Musk. I haven't tried the Sport version yet. I use Aqua Velva almost everyday. I also have not noticed much talk about it, been trying to find a empty glass bottle but haven't seen any discussion.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Aqua Velva isn't talked about much in the same way oxygen isn't. While oxygen is absolutely awesome in every way, it is always there and always dependable. It's incredible importance is cloaked by it's cheap price and astonishing ease in which it is acquired.

In this same way, if you changed the name of AV and gave it an gaudy, exorbitant and bordering the criminal price tag. Everyone would be talking about it. If Classic Aqua Velva Ice Blue was taken off the shelves tomorrow,

Millions of shavers would suffocate in heart break.

I would have said Old Spice, but Rob is stone-cold on the money. There are some brands 'round these parts that are just such mainstays and classics that nobody bothers talking about them. I love Aqua Velva Ice Blue, and since it isn't sold where I live it is being hoarded and rationed like water in a desert.

One benefit of AV over OS is that, as near as I have been able to figure, Aqua Velva has never gone through a tragic reformulation.

Aqua Velva isn't talked about much in the same way oxygen isn't. While oxygen is absolutely awesome in every way, it is always there and always dependable.

Can't stand the stuff, nor any of the other drug-store brands. But I am an equal-opportunity hater: I can't stand 99.9% of the expensive "designer" juice, either. 45 cents worth of chemicals, some alcohol, pour it into a $20 bottle, sell it for $100. No, thanks.

So. What do I like? 4711 cologne, used as an AS splash. D. R. Harris Pink AS. RR Don Marco AS splash. Cella Colonia Classica, used as a splash. Imperial Bergamot AS.

Cologne scents limited to: Jean-Marie Farina, Guerlain Imperiale, and, all-time favorite, Guerlain Jicky.

But I am going to try Speick and Alt Innsbruck. Not completely close-minded, but nearly, I guess.

One of my fav's. Always in my rotation. !!! $6494ffab708a580048a114a357eba224.jpg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I think it died in 1962.

Just kidding. I don't use AS, but you should proudly use anything that pleases you.

I have some and I like it. If you'll look around, or try a search, I think you will discover it gets a lot of love, at least on the Aftershaves forum.

It gets some love around here. It's just hit or miss with conversation about it. There's actually a club for those of us who like AV. The club is offically called "For Love of Aqua Velva", but it's sometimes refered to as the AV Club.

I like it and have used it for quite some time. It's in my rotation. As a matter of fact, this morning I used AV Ice Sport.

Top Bottom