What's new

Feeling horn-ish

I'm just loving the faux horn handles. Maybe I should spring for a real one, but for the time being these will do.
I'll have to get around to making a better photo sometime that really shows off the look...

The EJ is new. I did some bowl lathering and no matter how fluffy or wet the lather is the handle stays dry. And it's very easy to hold on to, great ergonomics.
$3 horn brushes.jpg
EJ Silvertip Fibre XL, Elite 7 WSP HMW, Simpson M6.

Last edited:
These are interesting. I see that this company is in Viet Nam. Have you tried one yourself?

No, unfortunately I have no personally tried the Kim Son brushes, but I've read a number of positive reviews from B&B and other forum members.

Very pretty! I have a Vie-Long two-band badger with a faux horn handle, and I love it. Beautiful brush, great performer. Again, yours are gorgeous. Hope you enjoy them.

Very pretty! I have a Vie-Long two-band badger with a faux horn handle, and I love it. Beautiful brush, great performer. Again, yours are gorgeous. Hope you enjoy them.

Thanks. Yours sounds very nice, can't say I've run across that brush.

The M6 material is beautiful. Kent H8 next?
Thater 2-band (on the way) and M&F Blonde (ordered). That should hold me for a while.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on that EJ after a few weeks use. I'm debating between that brush and a Muhle STF v2 in horn.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on that EJ after a few weeks use. I'm debating between that brush and a Muhle STF v2 in horn.
I've been buying some brushes lately and have a couple on the way. What I'm not looking for is a similar to the EJ very soft badger. The EJ just works great. The face feel is soft but controlled and it whips up a lather in no time. The larger handle is also very easy to work with.

These two definitely fit in with the group... one more Morris and Forndran on the way, a taller handle hopefully good for bowl lathering- same knot. The Thater has a more jade coloration, while the M&F is more brown and golden /caramel. Both beautiful, both pure luxury. The M&F has more weightily feel which I really enjoy.
BTW, Lee (M&F) has been very good to work with on the two brushes I've ordered. I'm lucky he has faux horn stock at the moment.

$M&F 1.jpgBlonde Badger 26x51 (according to Lee).
View attachment 522755Thater 4292/5 Two band.

Last edited:
I've only used it a few times due to the arrival of the Thater and M&F. It's been great though and a monster lather maker. It's probably the softest brush I have...or it's a tie with the Plisson synthetic.

Top Bottom