What's new

Razor Display

So I have some very nice mint boxed razor sets on display at home. Nothing extravagant like some of the members here but not too shabby either. For the past couple of days I have been staring at them thinking to myself "Nobody other than me really cares about them, perhaps I should add them to my rotation". Anyone else ever experience this?

Yep. Myself I'm a user as much as a collector. I have used all my cased/boxed razors at least once. I think its part of the fun. If it was nos and may ruin it I may change my mind....otherwise I like to use them.

I'd have a hard time not using razors that I own. I'd also have a hard time opening a cased unused razor and using it!

For me, that's why I don't own any mint, cased, razors....

I have an unused toggle I bought with the intent of lightly using it.

Once I saw the undisturbed reddish lacquer shining, I couldn't bring myself to it. I was nervous operating the toggle, which I did all of one time.

So, now it sits like it did the last 54 years.

My intent is to use the razors I purchase. If it's just a display piece, there needs to be a special circumstance. That being said, I recently purchased a 1918 WWI Khaki Set on eBay (probably paid more than I should have, oh well). I work for the DoD, so there's a special connection in the history of this particular piece to my work. The set now sits on my desk as a small piece of US military history. It's a decent conversation piece at the office.

Every razor I own has been used previously by someone therefore they are all fair game for my use. If I had a true NOS item, I would not open and use it. I can always find a used version for actual use if I had to.

Edit:

I did find an seemingly unused bowl of Houbigant Fougere Royale shaving soap. The lettering, etc appear too sharp for it have to ever seen water and brush. However, the bowl is NOT sealed so I cannot confirm 100% that it is unused. That item tortures me every time I look at it. Use it? Don't use is? Use it? Don't use it....... arrrgghhhhh

Last edited:
I got a cased super mint NOS aristocrat from my SO that is one of my favorite razors that I shave with. If i own it, I'm going to use it.

Top Bottom