What's new

Thank-you and Condolences to My Armed Forces

God bless the family of our latest fallen soldier who was murdered in a most cowardly fashion. I'd like to commend this soldier for his selfless service and extend my gratitude to our other Canadian Armed Forces members. Thank you for protecting all of my loved ones.

From a very proud Canadian.

God bless the family of our latest fallen soldier who was murdered in a most cowardly fashion. I'd like to commend this soldier for his selfless service and extend my gratitude to our other Canadian Armed Forces members. Thank you for protecting all of my loved ones.

From a very proud Canadian.
Well said.
I'm not Canadian, but I think a lot of us feel like one today.

God bless and keep the two soldiers killed over the past few days. I read a tweet from someone essentially saying both did not pay the ultimate sacrifice...they were murdered in cold blood by out and out cowards.

It takes a truly rotten soul to walk up to an unarmed guy, who is standing Honor Guard at a war memorial no less, and shoot him in the chest. Whoever the perpetrator(s) are, I hope they have a nice hot eternity.

+1 for this.

Agreed. Our Canadian friends are/were under terrorist attack today and I am afraid that these types of attacks are going to be commonplace in North America for quite some time.

RIP to the brave fallen and may the cowards who attacked our Canadian friends today rot in hell.

Frank

I cannot think of a more cowardly and less honorable act than lethally ambushing a lone soldier who is respectfully dedicating himself to the honorable duty of guarding a sacred military memorial.

Although not all the information has come out yet regarding the intentions of the cowardly murderer; targeting armed forces personnel strikes at the heart of a nation. I have felt the same for my American friends and other allies where similar incidents have occurred. On a larger scale, it's not whether we are Canadian, American, etc...it is about an attack on our way of life.

I've always held in high regard our Canadian, American and allied armed forces who have stood the line in foreign lands so we could feel safe at home.

RIP. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of our fallen hero. Thank you for your service, and thank you to those that continue to serve.

It's strange to think that I probably saw this young solider last week while walking about. They change frequently but he looks familiar and that makes it even more personal for me.

Terrible tragedy. Together with my fellow Canadians, regardless of religion or background, I am mourning the loss of life and peace.
Thank you to all of you who dedicate their lives so I and my family be safe. Thank you for your service.

RIP Cpl. Nathan Cirillo

RIP Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Very sad day indeed and tragic day.

I live a short distance from the Canadian border, the US could not have a finer neighbor. My thoughts and prayers to my brothers and sisters north of the border, and to the young mans family.

RIP Cpl. Nathan Cirillo

RIP Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent

$War_memorial.jpg

This is one of the editorial sketchings in a local paper.

Horrific and senseless actions on the behalf of whatever misguided fools perpetrated this crime.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the families of the soldiers lost in this senseless act.

RIP Cpl. Nathan Cirillo.
RIP Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
These two attacks, right after Canada sent some fighter jets to help fight ISIS. This will not scare us off; this will strengthen our resolve.

It takes a truly rotten soul to walk up to an unarmed guy, who is standing Honor Guard at a war memorial no less, and shoot him in the chest. Whoever the perpetrator(s) are, I hope they have a nice hot eternity.

The report I heard, the soldier was shot in the back.

Top Bottom