What's new

Message about Memorial Day

Unique man, Navel Avator, friend I miss.

I proudly remember

R. Anderson
J.T. Andrew
R.F. Bowen
M.L. Cedeno
E.W .Darrah
R.M. Funk
D.R. Gabbert
R. Harriston
E.C. Hill
C.C. Johnson
J. H. Jorgensen
P. Lim
P.H. Lowe
L. McMurray
F.E. Partain
R.A. Rose
L.W. Seymour
R.W. Stacy
F.E. Thorton
R.A. Ward
J. M. Wilkins

These, my squadron mates of VP-871 were killed in the Korean War crewing two PB4Y2 Privateer Patrol planes.

I have not forgotten them nor will I ever forget them. As long as I have breath in my body and clarity of mind I will remember these young men for their sacrifice.

Our nation called in its time of need and these twenty-one responded with dedication, pride and vigor. They did so spiritedly in the same way as other Patriots did during Americas previous armed conflicts.

On Memorial Day, I honor not only the memory of my fallen squadron mates but of all Americans who died in the Armed Forces of our great country. Their sacrifices humble me.

I thank God for them and shall be eternally grateful that I had the opportunity to serve with men of such greatness.

God Bless America”

VP-871 were know at The Lamp Lighters, they were know well to Marines on ground fleeing the North Korean & Chinese.

Lamp Lighters protected the ground troops, Marines move South at Battle of Chosin Reservoir.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Found old photo from Korea when the gentleman who typed word above was serving there. Aircraft is Navy Patrol Aircraft, a Privateer, Modified B-24 little longer, single tail.

My body is now in local Cemetery along with Wife who also serve in USN.

MauriceGunslinger.jpg
PB4Y-2Privateer1.png

Top Bottom