What's new

how to shave longer hair

Just a side note, but the OP should get Lurker of the Year award, joined in 2008 with only 9 post previous to this thread.

More germane to the topic, I would look into getting a later model injector razor. Long handle for the back of the head. Blade lasts a long time and does not clog. Follows contours well since you have to hold it perpendicular to the skin and finally, they are fairly forgiving.

My 2 cents.

thanks! any link please?

If I still shaved my head I would use my double edge.
MY cheep DE gives me a far better shave then my Mach 3 every gave me and after hetting the hang of using it, I get a far smother closer shave with less cuts and razor burn.
When I do cloge my DE (very rare, only when I have gone several weeks with out shaving) All I have to do is pull the lade out and rinse it off. Only a few seconds and the razor is back to 100%.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks! any link please?

Ummmm,

this thread has some info http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/282672-Injectors

I would swing by the Single Edge (SE) forum and read up on injectors. As far as finding an injector I'd peruse a well known auction site, etsy, or even the B/S/T forum. I've got a J (I believe) and it shaves fairly well. It's nowhere near as close a shave as my R41 or RR paperweight.

With an injector, I imagine you could do your head quickly enough that you might end up doing it more than once a week.

Ummmm,

this thread has some info http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/282672-Injectors

I would swing by the Single Edge (SE) forum and read up on injectors. As far as finding an injector I'd peruse a well known auction site, etsy, or even the B/S/T forum. I've got a J (I believe) and it shaves fairly well. It's nowhere near as close a shave as my R41 or RR paperweight.

With an injector, I imagine you could do your head quickly enough that you might end up doing it more than once a week.

I was interested to buy it, but since it's obsolete I wouldn't bother
maybe if they produce them again in the future, I will buy

Obsolete?
My Ever Ready 1912 (as in patented 1912, probably made in the 20s) just skimmed off 4 days growth like it wasn't there. It's made of brass and will outlast me and even if I were to lose it I could pick up abother on eBay for under 15 in perfect nick.
And not one clog. :)

Yup, OC is the way to go if you're not willing to go the straight razor route. I used to use a straight for shaving the non mohawked part of my head when I had one. Cuts/nicks were rare. An OC would probably be your best bet though, far less initial investment and far steeper learning curve. Also make sure you're using a proper shave soap and not a turd in a can. I just took off a weeks growth on my throat the other day using a progression of MMOC, old type OC, SS. The progression is key, the biggest adjustments you'll have to make from the Mach 3 are 1, using VERY little presure and 2, not hacking away at each section until it's clear. My progression used three different razors and I only did one pass with each, you're not looking to get this done in 1 shot. Each pass reduces your growth progressively until at the end you're barely removing anything at all.

Top Bottom