What's new

I Hate Big watches

I had really hoped the big A** watch fad would end. Looks like it might be here to stay. Who really needs a watch that can be used as a personal protection device?

Small rant over.

$image.jpgBetter than this... I agree with you though.

Although I do understand what you mean, what do you consider too big ? I can pull off a 44-47 mm watch easily, a 36 looks like a womans watch on my wrist.

40mm was considered a big watch in the 60's-70's.

I agree with the sentiment, they have reached a point where they look ridiculous.
This is as large as I'll go.

Once lugs start hanging over my wrist I'm not interested

Attachments

• $WP_20141021_001.jpg
    $WP_20141021_001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 338
Its funny to see how the trend has changed too. One of my late grandfather's old watches is about the size most people would consider a womans watch now. I have small skinny wrists, so those huge monsters just look dumb on me.

Its funny to see how the trend has changed too. One of my late grandfather's old watches is about the size most people would consider a womans watch now. I have small skinny wrists, so those huge monsters just look dumb on me.

I have a feeling it's due to the fact thant many people don't work with their hands that much anymore, even in office settings. These things are so clunky and huge. I have a relatively tame 38mm on now and I occasionally get annoyed with the weight. And I'm a 240lb, 5' 10" man. Anything larger than maybe 42 is just too big.

Thats true. I don't wear a watch, or rings at work because they get in my way when I'm reaching inside of machinery or computers.

I have a feeling it's due to the fact thant many people don't work with their hands that much anymore, even in office settings. These things are so clunky and huge. I have a relatively tame 38mm on now and I occasionally get annoyed with the weight. And I'm a 240lb, 5' 10" man. Anything larger than maybe 42 is just too big.

I quit wearing a watch when I ran a boat shop a few years ago. There is not a lot of room around the engine and often times you are gingerly trying not to shock yourself on a battery. I was sweating terribly, my arm slipped, my watch band hit the positive post and my sweaty arm hit the negative. The resulting arc blew the band apart and made the watch run backward. I am tired of having to look at my phone for the time. Just smacks of "hey look at me checking the time on my phone and how cool my phone is".

Guess I could go back to the Timex expedition but I wanted something a bit different. Everything else is freaking huge.

Top Bottom