What's new

My first ever shaving cream!

I have been wet shaving for around 2 months now. I love it! however I have only used soaps: Col. Conk lime, TOBS sandalwood, Van Der Hagen luxery and Dr Selby. I decided to try a cream and ordered TOBS Jermyn street.

I LOVED IT!!!! the scent was unique and very very pleasant to the nose, it lathered like a champ, a tiny little bit made enough for 2 passes. This might be my new favorite scent and I might have to switch over to creams hahaha. Also my bathroom smelt amazing after I was done. Now which one should I try next?

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hahahaha, before joining this site I had 2 soaps, one straight and a brush.

I have/is on its way: 3 brushes, 4 Straights, 3 DE's, 6 soaps, 3 creams....

I know exactly what you mean. Before I started lurking around here I thought I was happy with my Fusion and can of gel. In 6 months time I've picked up so much stuff I'm not sure when I'll ever be able to use it all up, but then always find something new to try.

If you like Jermyn Street, I've seen a number of comments about St. James and Eton College as modern scents as well. I've only picked up Mr. Taylor, which I think would be at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Welcome to your latest AD. Thankfully, this one is relatively easy on the pocketbook. There are a great many choices in creams. Try samples if you are uncertain about a blind buy. Most of all, have fun.

Jermyn street is possibly the best smelling stuff I have used left, Eton College, Dr harris Malbrorough, and Razorock are on my next buy list. Thinking about picking up some Col Conk, still on the fence.

I HIGHLY, and I mean HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

I had MdC and I gave it away because I thought Dr Selby was better. I have had the same soap for over a year and it looks like I have barely used any. It is triple milled triple concentrate and is suppose to last 400 shaves. My friends In Uruguay love the stuff and so do the Spanish forums.

The Smell: it says lavender but it has hint of more manly tones, Hard to describe but excellent.

Lather: Easily as thick as MdC lavender. I have sensitive skin and I get zero razor burn.

It comes in a very nice fancy plastic bowl. $16. Lets just say that if I was stuck in an island I would choose this soap over any other.

Welcome to cream aquisition disorder! It is sooooo easy to get enough soap and cream to last a lifetime in just 2-3 months.

Glad you liked the Jermyn St. It is a great cream. St. James is another great performer with a classic scent and fantastic performance. Even though we are getting into the winter months I have to recommend the tOBS Grapefruit. Wonderful wonderful scent.

Have fun trying all of the great TOBS products.

Bad new Gents, my girlfriend does not like the scent hahaha. I will use it on days where I wont see her for several hours.

I too only used soaps for a long time and really never even thought about creams, but once I tried Kiss My Face and Real Shaving Company, I was hooked. I am sure that you can find a scent in a cream that will suit you and your girlfriend, and that just gives you an excuse to try out other creams :thumbup:

Top Bottom