What's new

arko tub

you guys wore me out, i tried Williams did not like it at all. but i love cheap and there is no Williams cult, but there is an arko cult on here. so ebay here i went. ordered it today should be here by weekend how big is 90 grams im guessing three ounces. thats going to last quite a while. :w00t:

Welcome to Arko. I love mine. I got 2 tubs for a little over $6 shipped. Smashed it into a Marvey mug and load from there. Sometimes I put a dollop of C.O. Bigelo on top of it. Great lather and so easy to use.

I've been using vdh luxury with a dollop of co bigelow can't wait to try the tub of Arco. And folace i asked one of my professor why we don't do metric it's so much easier. His reply was we are America, the world needs to conform to us not us them. Then again he was a chemist with a God complex.

you guys wore me out, i tried Williams did not like it at all. but i love cheap and there is no Williams cult, but there is an arko cult on here. so ebay here i went. ordered it today should be here by weekend how big is 90 grams im guessing three ounces. thats going to last quite a while. :w00t:

I like the tub, too, because I don't face lather. Only downside: Kirko disappears with use. Sad.
~3.17 ounces!

You American gents should convert to the metric system :tongue_sm Why resist?

Largely, I think it's a lack of convenient intermediate units. A "foot" is an extremely useful unit, for example. Nothing in metric corresponds, and 30cm isn't as intuitive to those who don't use metric much.

Also, I'm with Orwell: a 1/2 liter of beer is too little, a liter is too much. For a glass, that is. :lol:

(I still can't do cubic inches/liters in engine displacement, but then, I'm hopeless.)

Since everything over here comes with both markings now, you can pays yer money and takes yer cherse.

Last edited:
I've been using the Arko shaving stick for about 2 months now and I'm starting to think it will last atleast 6 months. That's shaving atleast 5 out of every 7 days. The soap actually 'sticks' to my Van Deergan shaving bowl so I'm able to get plenty of lather by moving my brush counterclockwise/clockwise. I think the scent is similar to a shower soap. Nothing super scenty, but that's what aftershave is for!

You smashed tubs into the mug or did you smash sticks?

I smashed a tub in there. Took the soap out of the original container first of course :biggrin1:
It is a pretty soft soap. I recently took it back out, heated it up and mixed my sample of MWF with it. I then formed a warm patty and put it back in the mug.

Top Bottom