What's new

Help with honing , anyone fancy showing their skills if in or near Vancouver ?

Hello all,

Have not been on here for ages - going back and forth between Japan and now with two daughters tends to fill up your "free" time .

Short story made shorter , have gotten all my shave gear out of my storage hangar and uncrated . Jumped back on the straight razors . Been having semi-decent shaves but still feel that my razors are not as sharp as they can be .

Watching full bearded blokes on youtube slice off their whiskers like a hot knife through butter , perhaps distorts one's idea of sharp .

So I'm hoping there is someone close to my area who has thee "skills" of honing and would not mind letting a halfwit as myself watch them do their dark magic on thy stones .

They can also have a look at my razor collection (modest) and suss out my steel .

If anyone can be kind enough to help out , I'll gladly bring over beverages ,snacks etc...

Thank you all for reading and cheers,

Scott

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm in Toronto..... Hey, at least it's the same country. "near" is a relative term :lol:
Check out my honing credentials here!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Thanks RV ..will have a look at your skills .
Look very carefully and make sure you don't make a decision while drinking :lol:

I'd love to have a local honer to chat with as well. Right now, I've been able to shave on my edges for two years, but they're nothing compared to the edges others here have done. Hopefully, a local can help you out in person.

Top Bottom