What's new

Vintage Watches

I see so many of you with vintage watches in near mint condition. Where do you purchase them from? Do y'all just watch ebay for good ones and pay the premium? Do you have a website(s) that has such watches? Or do you purchase one that's not mint and have someone you trust to restore it?

I'm looking at the omega bumpers. But I want one that is mint or near mint.

Thanks!

For the lesser known brands, it mostly comes down to patience - search every day for long enough and it will appear. For high-profile brands (like Omega) this is less feasible since you're competing with all the resellers. I'm pretty sure you need to pay the premium or just get really lucky in an offline sale.

Browsing the B/S/T on forums like watchuseek may give better results than prowling the bay.

If we told you we'd have to kill you

+1:blink:
It is the SSVWC Syndicate If you know the acronym you are in LOL:laugh:

Actually a lot of it is luck, some of it is buying a basket case and having it restored, Trades, ebay Antique stores and Estate sales, relative etc etc etc . It is a lot of fun, but the AD is as bad and the one here

Where in the heart of the South are you? There's a watchmaker in Chattanooga with an awesome collection of refurbished vintage watches. He's in a flea market.

Top Bottom