What's new

New TGN 2-Band Finest from ShaverJoe

So I finally decided to try out a TGN knot; got the TGN 2-band Finest from Shaverjoe. I'm really impressed with this knot! Seems that I had heard somewhere about TGN Finest being sporadically scritchy, but not this one. The tips are as soft as any silvertip, and I'm not even exaggerating (I've got Thaters, Shavemacs, Savile Row, and Whipped Dogs just for point of reference with regard to silvertip badgers). This is a 24/48 fan, and it's keeper! Great face feel, soft tips, excellent flow-thru. By way of comparison, I also have a Shavemac Finest, and this TGN knot actually has softer tips than the Shavemac, although not quite as dense as the SM (I still like my SM Finest, don't get me wrong). All in all, a great addition to my stable. I'm impressed with TGN.

$TGN2.jpg

A really nice brush, in my experience, for loading/delivering hard soaps on a face lather, combined with an invigorating scrub

Very nice handle. You were lucky my friend. TGN knots are inconsistent. Buying knot from TGN as gambling.

I've never heard a bad review of TGN Finest, unlike pretty much any other source using chinese knots (WSP, Ace, FS, etc.). Their QC seems to be excellent.

I bought a brush from ShaverJoe last month and could not be happier. The TGN knot is "just right" IMHO, great backbone with soft tips; perfect for face or bowl lathering. I know there are more expensive brushes out there but I cannot imagine they are that much better for me than this brush. It is well on it's way to becoming my favorite brush. As always YMMV.

Do you have an agenda with this comment?

Apparently so, I found about 12 other posts with him stating the same info (not sure he has ever bought one) and at the same time, promoting banned B&B knot/brush makers.

Take his comment with a grain of salt. TGN makes great knots, especially their 2 band FINEST. I had a Super I didn't care for, but the Finest has always been known as an amazing knot and I have had a few.

@cmh737 That is an amazing looking ShaverJoe brush, congrats! That material and shape are lovely and the knot looks perfect.

most of my restored brushes have tgn knots,not a hitch as of yet and they get regular use.

Attachments

• $DSCN0805.jpg
    $DSCN0805.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 207
Nice to hear others saying that they find their TGN Finest brushes to be outstanding performers as well. I'm definitely diggin' mine.

Nice to hear others saying that they find their TGN Finest brushes to be outstanding performers as well. I'm definitely diggin' mine.

It's one of, if not THE best aftermarket 2 band knot you could put in a brush. In fact, I'd bet money that most couldn't tell it apart from knots costing 2-3x as much.

Nothing but high praises from the use in mine.

I have a TGN Finest XH knot in a Shaver Joe handle. It is scrubby but not scratchy and feels a lot like my Simpson chubby 1 Best. The wood handle has held up well after two years of use. A great deal for the money spent.

i also have a shaverjoe brush with tgn 2 band. i echo bruce's comment, it is such a nice knot and shed nary a hair. hard to tell from the "premium" two band knots

The two-band finest knot seems to be a very popular TGN options. I'm shocked considering there are "better" options listed on their site. By better I mean more expensive...

I'll need two knots soon and I can't decide on which to get. It will most likely be TGN but just not sure which ones.

I've never heard a bad review of TGN Finest, unlike pretty much any other source using chinese knots (WSP, Ace, FS, etc.). Their QC seems to be excellent.

Maybe I've been lucky but every TGN Finest knot that I've purchased has been excellent.

Top Bottom