What's new

The veg!

I bought it without knowing. I really didn't even have a good indication. I had no definable expectations, and it wasn't faith, per se, but rather, a kind of stubbornness. I just thought, "I will buy it, and then I will know." And now I know.

I am chosen.

The first time I used it, I can't say I liked it, but it was something worthwhile to try. My wife was surprisingly ambivalent.

The second time I tried it, I thought, "why am I doing this to myself? I smell like carpet in a house with very old cats that the owners have tried desperately to shampoo to no avail, but now they can't get the shampoo stench out either." My wife was still ambivalent.

I am sorry. I have tried. I am not chosen.

The first time I used it, I can't say I liked it, but it was something worthwhile to try. My wife was surprisingly ambivalent.

The second time I tried it, I thought, "why am I doing this to myself? I smell like carpet in a house with very old cats that the owners have tried desperately to shampoo to no avail, but now they can't get the shampoo stench out either." My wife was still ambivalent.

Expect a bad karma. Resort to your juju for safety.

Me too. But the Veg and I have an understanding.

I posted my thoughts on the scent some time ago... What it comes down to, though, is that SWMBO likes it. And if Mama's happy, I'm happy. The scent grew on me too. The veg works in strange ways. I too was chosen.

Being chosen is a great responsibility. You must hold your tongue when the unchosen speak of "cat ****" scents :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been said many times, but it's worth repeating: Decant into glass. You MUST decant into glass.

I will do this. The bottle is fairly unattractive anyway.

It's funny, but my initial reaction was immediate disappointment, because I HATED the way it smelled in the bottle. The very first image that came to mind was of my elementary school bathroom from my childhood, some twenty-five or twenty-six years ago, the way it smelled simultaneously of industrial cleaning solvents and, yes, urinal pucks. Used.

I know!! I know!! I'm not helping! But I splashed it on anyway. Nothing ever smells the same in the bottle as it does on your skin. And in the case of the Veg, the scent changed IMMEDIATELY. The first waft had hints of play-doh, which quickly mellowed into a sophisticated, floral-but-masculine, not sweet, not like baby powder, but similarly clean and fresh like baby powder, subtly assertive bouquet that seems to evolve constantly, leaving the nose feeling as if it is lagging behind the scent, trying to catch up to it. This led to me moving my head around somewhat awkwardly when I thought no one was looking, trying to catch a better whiff.

This is a complex, brave, sophisticated scent, and when worn in tasteful quantities it is soft enough that it comes across as low-key and not the least bit obnoxious. I also got some Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood cologne, and was quite surprised to find that these two scents complimented each other quite nicely.

It's been said many times, but it's worth repeating: Decant into glass. You MUST decant into glass.
I have read this, and I'll try it, because here I am with a full bottle of the stuff. Any suggestions on where to get a bottle? How long is the half-life, i.e. when should I try it again once it's been able to unload some gamma rays into the glass? I presume leaded glass/crystal would be best for this purpose?

The scent grew on me too.
More than you know, perhaps.

I have read this, and I'll try it, because here I am with a full bottle of the stuff. Any suggestions on where to get a bottle? How long is the half-life, i.e. when should I try it again once it's been able to unload some gamma rays into the glass? I presume leaded glass/crystal would be best for this purpose?

There are lots of nice vintage Pinaud bottles on ebay. Keep your eyes peeled and you should be able to find a nice one for less than $10. Otherwise, on the cheap, apparently Hot Sauce bottles make great decanters. It should last for literally years and years. Vintage Veg fetches a good price.

$0EC15F67-B2C1-4F3E-B353-1F76B32DC432.jpg

I tried it and wasn't chosen.

I then decanted into glass and let it sit for several months and tried it again. Still not chosen.

My wife said if I try it a third time, I would be chosen... to sleep in the garage.

So, it's now out of the house.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mix the veg with Florida water. The result is a voodoo medieval type scent. It may require an exorcism to regain sanity. But until then the ride was wild.

I tried it from the bottle, I'm not sure I liked it at first, but after 20 minutes or so, all I could smell is a lilac scent with something else I can't identify ( not an offensive smell though). I put some in a glass bottle for a week, every couple of days I'd leave the top off while shaving. A couple of days ago, I used it like I do any other AS. It smelled ok to me, when my wife came home she told me I smelled nice. So I guess I'm going to keep using it every so often.
Not bad, it was given to me, i figured if it didn't agree with me, it was no big deal.

Top Bottom