What's new

Gillette NEW Disassembly/Reassembly w/ before and after photos

I just got a new in the mail, where is the best place to order voss water? And does it come dehydrated so i can save on shipping?

I've heard it recommended that if you mix your dehydrated water at at a stronger solution it will clean better. Let us know how that goes.

For an even better cleaning, the use of DHMO, or dihydrogen monoxide, is recommended. Caution should be exercised due to the nature of this dangerous chemical. See http://www.dhmo.org/ for information.
Oh my Word! I found out I have some DHMO in my house! It is mostly in my bathroom and kitchen but my 5 yr old actually dragged some into the living room. She seems fine but it will be a sleepless night observing her for any issues. Paul, thanks for the link.

Before photos:wink:

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413940766428.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940766428.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 76
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940777407.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940777407.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 77
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940786640.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940786640.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 77
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940795789.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940795789.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 77
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940806813.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940806813.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 78
After photos, Edgar is gonna like this!:tongue_sm

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1413940868206.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940868206.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 76
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940881667.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940881667.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 76
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940891609.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940891609.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 76
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1413940903421.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1413940903421.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 75
Well done, CAP!
This tutorial appeared too complicated for me though. I tried to follow it and disassemble my Canadian NEW Gold Special but I gave up in about an hour efforts and left it assembled. I'm yet to find a way to replaces the blade. :blush:

Well done, CAP!
This tutorial appeared too complicated for me though. I tried to follow it and disassemble my Canadian NEW Gold Special but I gave up in about an hour efforts and left it assembled. I'm yet to find a way to replaces the blade. :blush:
Canadian,eh? You know, I got myself a Canadian #77 too. [emoji12]

Procedure clarification:

So, I need you to let me know where I'm going wrong. First, I pick up my razor with my left hand. Then, I transfer it to my right hand. Once I have the razor firmly grasped in my right hand, I proceed to chuck it full force at the wall across the room. While my head did start to get loose after a few rounds of this, it doesn't seem to want to come all the way off. Should I try throwing with my left hand? As anyone who has witnessed me throw with said hand can attest, I can't possibly see this working.

Thanks for the help.

Well done, CAP!
Thank you! It was even more stressful than a seized NDC bottom dial, I barely managed.
CAP, how do you keep things straight during reassembly? Do you use these photos as a guide?
I had to generate an Excel spreadsheet and serialize each piece so I knew what went where. It worked great[emoji106] photos are my sole reference when performing difficult tasks such as this.

Procedure clarification:

So, I need you to let me know where I'm going wrong. First, I pick up my razor with my left hand. Then, I transfer it to my right hand. Once I have the razor firmly grasped in my right hand, I proceed to chuck it full force at the wall across the room. While my head did start to get loose after a few rounds of this, it doesn't seem to want to come all the way off. Should I try throwing with my left hand? As anyone who has witnessed me throw with said hand can attest, I can't possibly see this working.

Thanks for the help.
I think a very important step was left out...you must be standing on one leg during the left to right hand transition. Crucial!

Capt I'm humbled that I was able to help you.

To everyone else who may be feeling overwhelmed, the steps may seem complicated but if you just take it one step at a time you will succeed. Something you may try is to print out the instructions and lay them out.
Once you have done it once it will all make sense.

I think a very important step was left out...you must be standing on one leg during the left to right hand transition. Crucial!

Aahhhhh, that makes total sense. I'll head back to the bathroom to give it a try. Now for the next question, where do you guys keep your extra drywall mud for spackling the wall after removing your blade? I've seen several pics of people's shave dens, but they must do a really good job of concealing it cuz I can't ever locate them. I've also been looking for a travel tube for the mud. Last weekend, I visited my fiancé's folks house, and her dad didn't have any on hand. Needless to say, he was none too impressed with my chosen traditional style of shaving. Typical cart user, amirite :001_rolle

Top Bottom