What's new

who likes demonstrators

Demonstrators with integrated filling systems are great. Demonstrators with c/c filling systems.......meh. JMO or course.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Agreed with the above comments about c/c pens making lousy demonstrators.

For modern pens, at least, I favor simple designs, and demonstrators generally fit into that category. I won't say it's absolutely my favorite look, but if I didn't have any, I'd want them just for the variety. There is a certain coolness in seeing the ink slosh around, and of course the practicality of knowing how much you have left. Yes, they look best if they are piston fillers, or at least, non C/C types.

The down side is seeing little spots of stubborn condensation, or small ink stains that just won't come out when the pen is empty and you've set it aside for a while. Of course, opaque pens are no better, but they don't confront you with the evidence. Not really a problem if you only have a small number of pens and they're always inked.

Agreed with the above comments about c/c pens making lousy demonstrators.

I tend to disagree... Eyedroppered is the ticket

$Pearl cassis.JPG

I agree, eyedroppers are the ticket with c/c pens. The problem arises, and it seems to be becoming the norm rather than the exception, when manufacturers use metal parts and/or threads that make it impossible to ED them.

Would silicone tape help to seal up eyedroppers at the threads? I'm thinking about doing an eyedropper conversion on a Pilot Petit1 and was thinking about picking up the silicone tape if it would do the trick.

my main go to pen is the Lamy vista. I bought it because it was clear, I like being able to see the filler and the ink. As a result of being able to see the innards, I get a log of comments about it at work, even from non-pen people.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I tend to disagree... Eyedroppered is the ticket

Yes ... I was talking about c/c pens when you actually use the c/c. I love to eyedropper a demonstrator, and have several Kaweco Ice Sports to prove it.

Top Bottom