What's new

I am not even Jonesing a little bit

Just to further prove the difference between cigars/pipes and cigarettes. .......
I have been under the weather for a few days with a cold and haven't had a pipe or cigar in those few days.
I have felt no addiction tremors or anything similar in nature to a withdrawal as you would with cigarettes.
I generally am a everyday pipe or cigar smoker.

Indeed I hope you feel better. I believe the nicotine can be addictive but I also believe it's not the same strength of addiction as cigarettes. I can go weeks without a pipe physically but emotionally I really crave it.

Thanks gents! i am a long time smoker and really no effects what so ever. It's nice to know that not having a chemically ridden product to hook you is available.

I'm never smoked cigs, but I know from friends and family the pull of nicotine. And I've never had a craving for a pipe or cigar. The only yearning, if you could call it that, is the time to sit and relax to enjoy said pipe or cigar.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Brian, are you a former cig smoker who transitioned to pipes and cigars to successfully get off cigs? Just curious. Like Ed, I never was a cig smoker, and although I may go awhile without smoking a pipe, I never have a nicotine compelled urge to smoke, I just miss the relaxation factor.

It's because of the additives that they put in cigs. I believe that the MAOIs play a larger role in cigarette addiction than the actual nicotine.

No, never was a cigarette smoker. Just what I've heard from others regarding the addiction.
Well said Ed, regarding a yearning vs. craving!

I haven't lit up since July. I've had no jonesing, no symptoms of withdrawal whatsoever. Granted I had only been at it for 8 months or so, but I was smoking daily.

I'm expecting to resume soon.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, the dentist told me not to smoke as the suction of the draw might pull out the scab out and I could get dry socket. Well, I needed a smoke so I packed my mouth with cotton and smoked away. I probably would go to that trouble if I only smoked pipes at the time.

Not to get anything unfortunate started, but how does vaping compare on this point? Do you get the craving to vape if you were never a cigarette smoker? (*please delete if this is against the US/THEM warning earlier, just curious)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not to get anything unfortunate started, but how does vaping compare on this point? Do you get the craving to vape if you were never a cigarette smoker? (*please delete if this is against the US/THEM warning earlier, just curious)

In my experience, the craving with vaping occur as often as they do with smoking cigarettes. The nice thing about vaping is you can get different nicotine levels, so you can keep dropping the concentration to ween you off.

That might be a hard question to find an answer to, there aren't very many vapers who weren't cigarette somkers, though I wouldn't be surprised to see the numbers increase in the future.

I've used vaping to get off of cigarettes. For me, the craving is the same, probably stronger given that I never smoked in the house, but do vape in the house, so it's far more convenient.

What was the US/THEM issue? I must have missed something...

ETA: Found the Info Post, must have missed those threads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom