What's new

Thinking of carrying soap at all times

Business Venture: Soap on a Rope (Public Washroom Size)? It could double as a classy & fragrant fashion accessory.

Since I've started wet shaving my expectations for soap have increased substantially. I'm constantly annoyed by soaps in public bathrooms and the like. They don't make a decent lather, and sometimes my hands don't even feel clean when I'm done.

I'm thinking of walking around with a small bar of travel soap in my pocket. Anyone else do this?

No I don't and I don't think it either. But if I were to take portable, emergency soap with me, it would be liquid and in a tight container. Like small bottles of backpacking soap.

-jim

What Jim said.
A small bar of travel soap sounds messy. Unless you leave it behind each time in which case...that's a few bars each day, gonna get expensive.

Get yourself a big soap on a rope and carve a clock face on it. Worked for Flavor Flav.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 85
Isn't that why so many people carry hand sanitizer with them?

that and:

I have a friend and sometimes when we go out to eat, she will use hand sanitizer before eating. I'll mention, there is a restroom here, why not use the soap and hot water available? She will reply "this is easier".

-jim

Does anyone make a watertight travel container for travel sized soaps?

Actually, I'm allergic to most of those pink commercial goops. Have to keep something else for myself at work. So it makes sense to keep something in my manpurse.

Does anyone make a watertight travel container for travel sized soaps?

Actually, I'm allergic to most of those pink commercial goops. Have to keep something else for myself at work. So it makes sense to keep something in my manpurse.

I have been looking for a while with no luck. There was a alum block for sale at Italian Barber that looked like it would hold one so I bought the block for the case. Got it the other day and the case was really cheap.

Thought I might try One of those hobby stores next.

And what about when they run out of paper towels? This is when a spare handkerchief would come in handy instead of using your shirts or pant legs.

If you had a liquid soap you liked maybe you could empty out one of the key chain hand sanitizer bottles and use that.

You know, the soap that LA Shaving Soap company sells has a really soft, creamy, moldable texture to it. Almost like you could hook a bit out and lather up. Perhaps I could get him to make a hand soap line! Then I could store it in one of his sample jars.

Top Bottom