What's new

Thought this was supposed to save me money?

I have managed to save money just like I'm supposed to, remaining free of any form of AD since I started wet shaving again 3 months ago. Since then, I have only bought 1 razor (DOVO Shavette), 1 box of blades and 1 brush. Apart from the soap and aftershave, I won't have to buy any more shaving supplies until a few months into 2016, and that's only if I use my blades every single day. I should be saving money within a few months from now

Exactly what I told myself for about a year after I started wet shaving... After that year was up I somehow developed RAD. In about a month I have acquired 7 DE razors, with 2 more in the works. Now that I have most of what I want on the razor side, now onto brushes I guess :lol:

My shaving AD's really have slowed down. I'm easily a few thousand into wet shaving gear. Straight razors are where it starts to get really $$$ especially if you get into customs. The only software that I've finished is the shave cream (GFT Almond) and AS (Captains choice bay rum, which I had to get a second bottle of because I couldn't live without having it in my shave den), and both of these were the first software I bought when I started wet shaving.

The Nib is where you save money, the shaving side is all investments, the darkroom is where you really lose your shirt, and dont even get me started on them Hab guys

The nib can get scary too! Some of the really super duper fancy fountain pens are $$$$$.

some of the stuff the hab guys get into really can destroy a wallet. 300+ for a pair of shoes, 500+ for a nice leather briefcase, watches that go way deep into the thousands, it can get scary. But also there are other stuff you see thats not too bad, some nice wallets to be had by for fairly inexpensive, and some other stuff.

But the thing wet shaving, the nib, the hab, even the brown leaf have in common, is that you can get into every hobby without killing your bank account if you have the restraint.

The problem with B&B is help doesn't help restrain anything, since you see all the super cool stuff here all the time. :thumbup:

Top Bottom