What's new

CaD 2.0

I grabbed a tin off the BST just to try it out. That is one of my favorite scents. I have a few HTGAM soaps and CaD is my favorite. I used it this morning. Went for a bowl lather and I think I just missed it though. I usually face anther and get great results from CaD.

Karl

The new Synergy 2.0 formulation is one of my favorite soaps at the moment. I have been fortunate enough to grab a tin of both the Barberpole and CaD (same soap), as well as a pack of the CaD shave sticks, and this is certainly my favorite barbershop scent. I think the original Synergy formula was pretty "OK"; they're not the best performing soaps I have, but certainly not the worst either. The Synergy 1.5 CaD shave sticks are a slight step above the original Synergy too, but the 2.0 is fantastic in my book. Anyone who is a fan of the original Synergy should take every opportunity to grab a tin of the 2.0, whether its the CaD scent, or any other 2.0 scent you can get (Steeplechase, Lo Haiku, etc.) because the performance is great.

It was up for at least three hours yesterday, I was surprised. But then again I guess there was no real announcement this time? I thought it was only that Lo Haiku soap release at first, which I avoided that because the scent seemed really polarizing based on what I could find on it (the old aftershave it's based on).

Got my CaD in today, andthe scent up front didnt seem as strong as I was looking for out of the tin. Did a test lather and the scent yet again not very strong. Rinsed my hands off and dried them, THEN came the scent! I must say, I do like it quite well, not my favorite barbershop scent but to me it reminds me of something else but cant pin it right now. But that by no means is a downer of this soap. Great scent and love it, plus it was super easy to lather and got a very nice slick lather out of it. Can't wait to try it out shaving. Also got some AS balm to keep the scent going.

I used the CaD 2.0 again this morning - just dynamite! I love this particular soap and scent. The soap is really slick - perfect. And the scent is nice and strong - right up my alley. And I'm a big fan of this particular "barbershop" profile. For some reason, this 2.0 hits on all cylinders - this ranks "elite status" for me......BTW, I tried the matching aftershave for the first time - posted my impression in the Aftershave sub forum.

Last edited:
I recently got a tin and love the stuff, totally reminds me of Barbasol, which brings back childhood memories of halloween :)

Such an awesome soap. It has a solid place in my rotation right up there with Mike's, Strop Shoppe, B&M, and Razorock. Just a great soap all around and probably the best smelling soap I own.

I was going to 3017 some SCS "punkin" this October but after some of the fuss about Synergy soap ingredients my curiosity got the better of me. This morning I just started on a tin of Cavendish, which I believe is the older formula. I'm going to give it a go every day for a few weeks and then post a complete review. Its described as a sweet pipe tobacco scent and I would have to agree. I typically don't like tobacco scented soaps...for example I cannot stand B&M's Roam scent. Synergy Cavendish I like though. It wouldn't crack my top 10 for shaving soap scents but it is different and not objectionable. I agree with the OP about performance (tho after only 1 shave), slick, protective, all the right things. Time will tell, will post a review late October.

Thanks for the update on the 2.0. Let us know how it goes for you as you get more shaves under your belt. Cheers!

Curious what your top 10 shaving soap scents are, snowman, if you wouldn't mind sharing them.

Picked up a tin of this a few weeks ago, and unfortunately due to some non-shaving time I'm yet to even lather the puck. Looking forward to it along w/ the several other soaps I've got in the pending queue.

Top Bottom