What's new

Run for the Hills! New Steward in Town

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Good morning/afternoon/evening folks, as the case might be.

The powers that guide us merrily along here at B&B seem to have have a lapse in judgement. Either that, or a wickedly evil sense of humour. For, as you might be able to tell from my newly minted badge, they have decided to make me a Steward.

I've been wandering around the site for about four years now, and I think my greatest contribution has been to the Picture Tag thread :lol:, so I'm not sure what I deserved this honour. It is an honour, right? ... or is it a punishment?

In any event, here are my credentials when it comes to straight shaving:
- I only use a 2-pass shave (NS+SN, with both passes in the goatee area being NS)
- My shaves are generally DFS/CCS combo results (cheeks / neck+goatee area)
- I cannot shave with my left hand (actually not with my right either, that's why I use a razor :tongue_sm)
- I cannot use a coticule
- I am a sub-par honer
- I cannot restore strops
- I cannot restore straights
- I killed my kamisori's Omote
- I cut my finger badly while speed-buffing a straight with Maas and some toilet paper
and finally,
- I used a 5-bladed Schick Ladies Hydro cart daily (30 shaves) in September

Oh, and I spell using U's as I am Canadian. :thumbup:

Feel free to contact me at any time. While I might not be able to provide the answers, I'm sure the journey we'll take on the path to enlightenment will be worth the price of admission!

Last edited:
Congratulations. One question, did you lose a bet or something? A lady's schick for the whole month?!

Last edited:
I say we start a nasty disagreement in the honing sub forum immediately thus tossing you into the deep end of the pool.

film sucks

using tape is for losers

of course Jnat slurry breaks down and I can prove it

Well deserved and congrats.

In any event, here are my credentials when it comes to straight shaving:
- I only use a 2-pass shave (NS+SN, with both passes in the goatee area being NS)
- My shaves are generally DFS/CCS combo results (cheeks / neck+goatee area)
- I cannot shave with my left hand (actually not with my right either, that's why I use a razor :tongue_sm)
- I cannot use a coticule
- I am a sub-par honer
- I cannot restore strops
- I cannot restore straights
- I killed my kamisori's Omote
- I cut my finger badly while speed-buffing a straight with Maas and some toilet paper
and finally,
- I used a 5-bladed Schick Ladies Hydro cart daily (30 shaves) in September

Obviously overqualified.

Welcome, Sam!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Thanks all!!!

See how SWMBO has me celebrating!!..... Even though she doesn't know.

Time to transplant some flowers and herbs from the backyard (which will be reno'd next year) to under the window box on the side of the house. Despite the red-white'n'blue belt and the eagle ink, I am Canadian and have a maple leaf tat as well. (new ink every 20 years)
proxy.php

Congratulations. One question, did you lose a bet or something? A lady's schick for the whole month?!
Naw, I don't bet on things very much. This one was pure experimental on my part; see here for the sad story.

I say we start a nasty disagreement in the honing sub forum immediately thus tossing you into the deep end of the pool.
film sucks
using tape is for losers
of course Jnat slurry breaks down and I can prove it

Well deserved and congrats.
I'm just a stew, not a mod, so those headaches are not mine. :tongue_sm
Being a Stew, I get to stimulate discussion, so I'll repost something from my straight journal on pyramid honing. :lol:

Top Bottom