What's new

Storing A Speick Shave Stick

Just got one in yesterday. I love the tube of cream and had heard so many great things about the stick that I had to try it. The scent is wonderful. I would like to hear how you gents store your stick. I guess one could use the box it comes in or make your own storage tube. Does anyone try to reuse the foil?

I just put mine in one of the WCS twist-up stick tubes:
http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Twist-up-Shaving-Stick-Containers-2-oz_p_649.html

You can push it right on the post.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I used it today for the first time. I don't think Speick makes an even marginal product. They are all just excellent!

At home I dry it out for 24 hours like all my soaps and then keep it handy for it's next use or store it in a shoe box in the shave bunker. While traveling, I store it in a large pill bottle with holes drilled in the sides and tops for ventilation which does a credible job of drying the soap out while keeping it from rubbing on other things in my toilet kit.

"In [shaving] ... There are moments for ruthless action - what is often called ruthless - what may in many circumstances be only clarity, seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it, directly, quickly, awake, looking at it."

"In [shaving] ... There are moments for ruthless action - what is often called ruthless - what may in many circumstances be only clarity, seeing clearly what there is to be done and doing it, directly, quickly, awake, looking at it."

A purity of action; primal, whole, and final.

Shave on Trooper.

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct.."

-s

The WCS twist up containers do work great, but I don't use them unless I'm traveling. At home I just leave my sticks on the little plastic handles to air dry after they are used. No issues.

I just did Speicktember with the Speick stick using it every day. I just sat it on the bathroom counter when done. No muss, no fuss. Worked like a champ every day. I put it back in the cardboard box for next Speicktember on 10/1. I don't think it requires a special holder (although I love a twist up container for travel.)

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Speick is an all time favorite of mine and my top shave stick. Wonderful stuff. I just peel a bit of the foil away at a time as I go through the stick (which, coincidentally, is also how I eat a Chipotle burrito) and store it back in the cardboard box when I'm done. Getting a special container for it is a little too high maintenance for me, but whatever works for you.

I haven't tried Speick's aftershave splash because it contains alum and I've found that alum leaves my skin dry, but I love their balm, their stick, and their regular bar soap.

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct.."

-s

"As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring."

Top Bottom