What's new

What happens when you find your perfect shave ?

Yep and yep.

However, my computer just crashed and I need a new Mac. That means everything BUT my favorite razor is going. Love shaving, but love having a Mac laptop more.

For those who collect razors (pretty sure all of us here) and use each in a regular rotation, what do you do when you find that razor that shaves your face perfectly ? That razor that beats all the others ? Does it make your shaves with all the others, less enjoyable? Do the others pretty much collect dust in the bathroom cabinet drawer ?
I aquire that razor and all its close relatives. :biggrin1: Then I get rid of all non performing razors! The outcome is this:

The #16 is second from right in the right coffin​

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as the perfect shave or the perfect razor.

The next razor you try may turn out to be better than all other razors in history.

<RAD speaks>

I've found a razor and an aftershave balm that I enjoy far more than other ones, and now, I use my favorites 99% of the time. Occasionally, I'll use something else for variety, but it tends to affirm my preference.

Yep and yep.

However, my computer just crashed and I need a new Mac. That means everything BUT my favorite razor is going. Love shaving, but love having a Mac laptop more.

I I love my I Pad ... But I can't shave with it. :w00t:

Hahahaha! That's a good one! Apple SHOULD come out with a razor. One that plays that annoying U2 music that seems to find it's way on my updated apple iphone

Hahahaha! That's a good one! Apple SHOULD come out with a razor. One that plays that annoying U2 music that seems to find it's way on my updated apple iphone

Oh man... a razor that 'dings' with IM or new email??? No thanks :) That's one Apple gadget I could definitely resist.

I'm currently torn between 2 DE razors NEW/Fatboy. I alternate for a few weeks at a time, it adds a little variety. I'm slowly selling off the others. Also attempting to learn the str8. BTW, I have 2 fatboys and 2 NEWs just in case.

I do have my favorites but I break our the others occasionally and am pleasantly surprised. This week I used a 164 goodwill with an Astra blade. The last time I tried it or wasn't good but this time it was a really great shave.

I never got into this looking for a perfect shave (although I did find it in a schick injector). I love to collect vintage items and shaving items in particular. I am now looking for a Gillette techmatic even though everything I've read about it says it's the worst razor ever.

I have 7 or 8 DE razors but my ATT Atlas (M1) gets the majority of use.
I do switch on occassion for some variety, for example to a slant or open comb.

Top Bottom