What's new

My new natural stone

It is so good that the people find new intresting , and effective razor hones . It was quite a time to break the rule of the well known hones .
i have many , many naturals , and whatever i get in my hands it gives me right away the best edge posible . it is somehow boring as i know all of my stones and that they can hone a razor to perfection .
I crave a new type of hones , new ways of honing and better results. The last statement is strange as i get amazing shaves from most of the stones i have , but still searching , for something new .
I have astones for 100 lifetimes and still searching . A sick guy , i am , for shure ha ha ha a

I always use a variety of razors when testing with every stone actually. Corrosion isn't really a problem as long as it isn't at the edge anyway.

Check out these really nice mid-range stones that look like black coticules or black BBW:

$IMG_20160207_030054.jpg

$IMG_20160207_030011.jpg

Really quick on slurry, easily able to bridge between a Bevel setter and a finishing JNat. They can give a decent shave with certain razors with a slurry dilution too. Surface is smooth, even though it looks pockmarked.

Hmm, may have to revise that mid-range rating. Still mid-range with slurry, but on oil this thing puts on an outstanding edge. I just started a 4 razor shave to test a few different edges - an Okudo Renge Suita on an Imperial (very good), my new Kiita/Asagi combo on a Japanese western straight (also very very good), and an otherwise synth progression finishing with this stone on oil on a Tidioute. Started with the first two for a couple WTG strokes each, then tried the Tidioute. I couldn't put it back down! I didn't even bother testing the 4th razor it was so good and I was so surprised. Finished WTG and ATG with it - very very nice. I underestimated this stone. Anybody want to try another passaround?

Last edited:
Top Bottom