What's new

Set up for a female

Hope you found something nice! What'd you end up with?

I just started but here's my setup for what it's worth: Edwin Jagger DELRO14BL (Rose), Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush, Dr Dittmar natural shaving soap (puck), sample razor pack though I'm partial to Astra Superior Platinum thus far. Dr. Dittmar lathers like a beast and doesn't smell particularly strong either way.

Hope you found something nice! What'd you end up with?

I just started but here's my setup for what it's worth: Edwin Jagger DELRO14BL (Rose), Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush, Dr Dittmar natural shaving soap (puck), sample razor pack though I'm partial to Astra Superior Platinum thus far. Dr. Dittmar lathers like a beast and doesn't smell particularly strong either way.
Great setup.

I am new wetshaving and a Female and durby blades work perfect for me. I havent even tried much else because i love my durby blades so much! Oh and i just turned 24 i dont know if that helps or how old she is but i thought id mention it. I use those blades in an edwin jagger DE 89 just for reference.

Last edited:
I got a synthetic brush from The Body Shop. I did not like it (too much backbone for my face) but it is my wife's favorite of my 3 brushes.

strop

Now half as wise
I got to use my EJ89 for about a half adozen shaves before my wife took it. She used TOBS Lavender cream with either a big Omega boar, or a big T&H branded badger that was too floppy for me but perfect for her legs. She's even starting to get interested in soaps. Uses whatever blades I use, or don't like, since she cays she can't tell any difference.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
If you want a longer handle (both vintage)
1. Gillette Super adjustable, black handle DE; Was made with long and short handles
2. Lady Schick Injector Hydro-Magic K series in various colored handles

I am new wetshaving and a Female and durby blades work perfect for me. I havent even tried much else because i love my durby blades so much! Oh and i just turned 24 i dont know if that helps or how old she is but i thought id mention it. I use those blades in an edwin jagger DE 89 just for reference.

Do you mean DERBIES blades?

I just got a slim adjustable that I like, but happens to be my wife's birth razor (H4), so thinking about gifting to her. Any thoughts as to how well it would work for a woman? I'll prowl for my own birth razor (G1) and use my DE89L meanwhile.

strop

Now half as wise
I just got a slim adjustable that I like, but happens to be my wife's birth razor (H4), so thinking about gifting to her. Any thoughts as to how well it would work for a woman? I'll prowl for my own birth razor (G1) and use my DE89L meanwhile.

A razor is a razor. Should work just fine. The Lady Gillettes were marketed to women and were colored and had longer handles for extra reach. That could be the only issue for her, but it should work just fine. My wife used stole my EJ89 and never looked back.

Top Bottom