What's new

Big Boy date?

I found this Bog Boy last week is this razor from the 20's or 30's?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 148
That's an extremely nice score. Congrats! What is the story on where and how you found it? Estate sale? Yard sale? Auction site? Etsy? Craig's List? I always like to hear the back stories on these.

That's an extremely nice score. Congrats! What is the story on where and how you found it? Estate sale? Yard sale? Auction site? Etsy? Craig's List? I always like to hear the back stories on these.

I agree, that is one sweet looking razor. Don't leave us in suspense.. Where did it come from? What museum did you steal it from? 😁

I found the razor at a flea market at a cost of $25. I also grabbed a Hoffritz slant traveler from the same vendor for an additional $5. The asking price on the BB was $40 so I offered $10 and we met half way. I have a good relationship with the vendor and get a half dozen razors from him each show. The vendor tells me he finds his razors at Estate sales in the beach areas of Southern California mostly slims and Superspeeds but occasionally he comes up with some nice ones.$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411839583.899941.jpg

Last edited:
Which flea market in SoCal please?

I think it has to be the Market at the corner of that one street with the new McDonalds and the nail salon with the neon sign. If I am right, I think the market has a big parking lot and usually operates mainly on weekends.

AKA: If I were the OP, I would NOT be sharing the location of my Honey Hole. Call me stingy, but those two razors are gorgeous and I would want all of them for myself. [emoji56]

I don't mind sharing. If anyone asks where I get my finds, I will tell them. I prefer to help others with what I have learned. For those looking for great finds, there is an antique mall, north of Houston, in Spring TX. One block west of IH 45, on US 2920, on the south side of the road. The elderly women will point you to all the razors they know, but sometimes there are some hidden. I found a Barbasol Floating Head there for $5.95. There are many great looking Gillette razors there, but many there I do not need anymore. Many straights there. Not my thing yet. EBay UK is a great place to find razors too, usually in better in overall shape than the regular eBay, used here.

Top Bottom