What's new

Strop Shoppe Instinct.any thoughts?

I recently got some in a trade and totally love this soap! I had some Baker Street and it was good but the scent didn't excite me because I traded it to my son, but this scent has me looking forward it's next use and the tallow and lanolin give a superior shave. Has any one else tried this soap?

Strop Shoppe is fantastic soap! I've got Baker Street, Black Tie, and Russian Tea. For me, the scent of the first two could have been stronger (but that's just me - I prefer stronger scented soaps in general) - performance top notch. But the Russian Tea is the one!!! It hits on all eight cylinders! Scent: Phenomenal! Lathers with ease, provides excellent protection, and is really slick. Definitely top tier soap for me.

I bought two and PIFed one. I haven't used mine yet. Too many soaps!

It does smell good and I'm sure the performance is excellent.

Strop Shoppe is fantastic soap! I've got Baker Street, Black Tie, and Russian Tea. For me, the scent of the first two could have been stronger (but that's just me - I prefer stronger scented soaps in general) - performance top notch. But the Russian Tea is the one!!! It hits on all eight cylinders! Scent: Phenomenal! Lathers with ease, provides excellent protection, and is really slick. Definitely top tier soap for me.

I have the same 3 that you do. I agree with you that the Black Tie scent could be stronger, but I find the Baker Street to be pretty potent. I also agree that Strop Shoppe soaps are top-notch. I think that I'm going to try London Morning next.

Vivace, Instinct and Barbershop are my favorites. Bay Rum is up there, too. Strop Shoppe soaps are awesome in every way!

Strop Shoppe is a great performing soap. I currently own Barbershoppe, Baker ST, Black Tie and Alpine Frost. I have not tried Instinct, but it sounds very nice. That may be my next one. I also keep hearing great things about Russian Tea. Then there's London Morning. So many choices!

I have the Rosemary-Mint Special Edition with Tallow and love the smell and performance. It lathers easily and is nice and slick like you would expect from a top notch artisan croap.

I'm intrigued about the "Instinct" and "Vivace" - are they strongly scented or subtle?

Thanks

My tubs are about on par with Baker St. and Alpine Frost. Definitely stronger than my tub of Black Tie.

Vivace is a bright, clean scent. Instinct is darker and a little sweeter. Vivace is more in the modern cologne genre while Instinct is more in the AoS sandalwood part of the universe if I was making broad generalizations.

My tubs are about on par with Baker St. and Alpine Frost. Definitely stronger than my tub of Black Tie.

Vivace is a bright, clean scent. Instinct is darker and a little sweeter. Vivace is more in the modern cologne genre while Instinct is more in the AoS sandalwood part of the universe if I was making broad generalizations.

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered some "Instinct" - I'm intrigued.

Vivace might have been my favorite (there are others which are close enough that's it a tough call). Strangely, the scent faded from the tub a lot. I don't really get the scent any more, though some of it must be there because I can distinguish it from the unscented Strop Shoppe soap. Performance is near-top-of-the-heap. If I had fewer soaps on hand, I'd go get some Instinct, too!

I got the "Instinct" recently and gave it a whirl. Excellent performing soap, as are the other Strop Shoppe soaps I've used. The scent is nice and pleasant, albeit not strong enough for me. I emphasize the "for me", because I like soaps that are heavily scented. I agree with PhilC in that I think it's about on par with Baker St. And it's about even with Black Tie IMHO, at least my tub. So I've now tried four different Strop Shoppe soaps and the only one that has a nice strong scent (to me) is the Russian Tea (which is plain awesome!). YMMV, of course.

Top Bottom