What's new

Castle Forbes Lime Oil Shaving Cream

I need your help! Where is the best place to purchase CF Lime Oil Shaving Cream? I live in Australia and can't find many vendors that stock this cream. Best price I can find to Australia is approx $A60. Expensive stuff but I want it.:bored:

Check out Shaving ie. Ireland based shaving supplies and despite having the stuff delivered from half way across this Earth, the shipping costs are very reasonable. Of course, don't stop at the one item. You've already saved a bit, go ahead and buy a few other things to make it really worthwhile. You're gonna love CF Lime, it's an amazing cream.

The cost of CF is going up with a recent hike in wholesale prices. So check around and get it before it goes up...

I love the scent. For less money, Mike's Naturals smells the same and lasts a while. Vintage Blades LLC has a small stock, I believe.

Is it worth 38usd?

I just used CF Limes this morning and it provides a very nice shave. Because the cream requires such a small amount to provide a 3 pass shave, it will last a very long time. I've had my tub of Limes for close to a year and I still have about 60-70% left. Where I see a difference is the fact it doesn't dry out or require re-lathering throughout the shave. TOBS, T&H and others are great but I find myself having to reapply to keep my skin coated. Hope this helps!

I just used CF Limes this morning and it provides a very nice shave. Because the cream requires such a small amount to provide a 3 pass shave, it will last a very long time. I've had my tub of Limes for close to a year and I still have about 60-70% left. Where I see a difference is the fact it doesn't dry out or require re-lathering throughout the shave. TOBS, T&H and others are great but I find myself having to reapply to keep my skin coated. Hope this helps!
Thanks, I may order some next payday, I love lime scented soaps and this is the most well regarded for its scent of any of the limes. Ive been wanting to try it but just havent brought myself to yet.

I got mine from Grooming Lounge. When you sign up for the newsletter and a new account they give you 15% off, $5 off, and their shipping 2-day.

CF creams are very thick. I just (literally) rub my brush across the top of the thick cream. If you can see that there's product on the brush, it's gonna lather. It doesn't take much at all. Big honking 30mm knots do take a 'heavier' swipe to get a good lather though.

I gave some to a buddy who lives close by and he got much better lather than I ever have. I was kind I jealous when he sent me the pics :).

In my opinion, it's worth every cent. Yes, there are some other creams that give great performance and smell pretty good, but the CF (and I really prefer the lavender over lime) are just my favorite. And for the mileage you get from the container, they aren't as expensive comparatively as they would appear at first glance.

CF to me is worth every penny. The cream is very concentrated and while it is more expensive than all the other creams i use it tends to last almost double the amount of time the others do(GFT coconut for example) which i think shows that the money to amount of shaves ratio is probably not that different. There has been numerous threads in this forum about people joking/remarking that they finally managed to use up their tub of the cream.

a little goes a VERY long way. I use CF lime twice a week, have had the same tub for 6 months now and its still 75% full...the biggest mistake most make is using the same amount of CF as they would with other creams such as tobs, you can use 1/3 the normal amount of other creams and have plenty for a 3 pass shave.

Top Bottom