What's new

Nice Stainless Steel handle at a nice price.

I just ordered this nice Apollo stainless steel handle on Amazon for just $24.99. It is 3.8 inches long, 0.5 inch diameter, 3.5 oz. I think it looks really nice for the price you can't beat it.
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-Handle...ef=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1410717977&sr=1-2

$Apollo.jpg

I just had to share this with my B&B buddy's.

Another option for a heavy, grippy handle is the Sabi/Toro Mastiff handle. I didn't care for the head, but I still have my handle.

$dg77r8.jpg

I bought the Sabi T-2 and I think it looks great and quite heavy but the knurling is not very deep and I find the razor slips thru my fingers. But it is a nice looking handle for the money. Not stainless steel.

Last edited:
I just ordered this nice Apollo stainless steel handle on Amazon for just $24.99. It is 3.8 inches long, 0.5 inch diameter, 3.5 oz. I think it looks really nice for the price you can't beat it.
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-Handle...ef=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1410717977&sr=1-2

I just had to share this with my B&B buddy's.

I thought about ordering... When it gets to you let us all know how the knurling is along with maybe a picture of it on a vintage head if you have one.

Ah, but what about those free range heads? Can't have too many razor heads lying around to play with can you?

proxy.php

OOOOHHHH its a beautiful thing.... I want one of those USE IVORY SOAP Gillette heads bad!! My father told me that my grandfather only shaved with Ivory Soap. When I saw one of those on the internet about 3 weeks ago I about passed out. It is such a cool little piece, so many stories, so much history!!

ps I usually manually delete the picture if I make a quote that has one just to avoid redundancy but in this case the picture stays! Beautiful razors!

What handles are those? Do both of them fit in gillette new heads?

Mastiff and Weber I presume... Does the weber fit on a New, I thought it didnt but Im still about as green as they come....

Last edited:
I bought one of the Utopia razors on Amazon for 10.99. Several reviews mentioned blade alignment issues, but said the handle was awesome. Figured I could put it on my EJ DE89 for some more grip. The one I got had no alignment issues, and the handle is awesome!

The handle got great reviews about the knurling and nice weight so I thought I'd give it a try. I should have it on Thursday.

gotta agree about the Utopia (silver) - IMHO, one of the best deals on a mild, but nice-shaving 3-piece DE - and i did buy a second one just for the handle...

on_topic: i did look at the Apollo, but the Utopia has a nice heft for its price

willie
on the wet and rainy Gulf of Mexico

The Utopia razor is not stainless steel. I was trying to point out in this thread that the Apollo is a nice handle made of S.S. at a good price.

Last edited:
Ah, but what about those free range heads? Can't have too many razor heads lying around to play with can you?

proxy.php

I'm sorry to go off topic, but I wanted to let you know again how much I like this picture. It looks like some of the handles or heads have changed since the pic I first commented on a few months ago. It is still inspiring me in my head hunting though. Cheers :thumbup1:

On topic, I got one of the Apollo handles also. I happen to like the Weber Classic better and will probably put the Apollo handle in a PIF some day. Not a bad handle, I just have others (UFO Colibri, ATT Atlas, iKon Tuckaway, iKon Bulldog II, Weber Classic) that I happen to like better.

On topic, I got one of the Apollo handles also. I happen to like the Weber Classic better and will probably put the Apollo handle in a PIF some day. Not a bad handle, I just have others (UFO Colibri, ATT Atlas, iKon Tuckaway, iKon Bulldog II, Weber Classic) that I happen to like better.

You have quite a few handles. You could get rid of 3 of them.

You have quite a few handles. You could get rid of 3 of them.

I use the Colibri, Atlas, and Tuckaway frequently. I'm giving my brother the Weber with a DE89 head to get him started in our world. The Bulldog II is used as my travel handle since I have an altoids box set up to fit it. This setup works for me and and keeps that variety going which, as they say, is the spice of life :thumbup:

I bought one of the Utopia razors on Amazon for 10.99. Several reviews mentioned blade alignment issues, but said the handle was awesome. Figured I could put it on my EJ DE89 for some more grip. The one I got had no alignment issues, and the handle is awesome!
+1 This is exactly what I did. 👍😉

Top Bottom