What's new

Brunch Boat

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I saw this on the TV show "The Chew." It's really easy to make and delicious. I hope you make it...it will bring a smile to your face.

$IMG_0316.jpg$IMG_0317.jpg$IMG_0318.jpg

Brunch Boat
Posted by: DoctorShaveGood
Credit: The Chew TV show

Ingredients:
servings: 1 boat
1 Submarine roll
2 eggs
bacon pieces(use as much or as little as you want)
1/2 to 1 cup Grated cheese of choice. I used a Mexican blend
1 finely diced green onion. I just used the green part
Large splash of cream or milk. I used half and half.

Process.
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Cut a wedge into the bread at an angle downward at about 45 degrees. Take the top off and scope most of the bread inside out(See picture). There should be a nice rim around the bread to keep the mixture contained.
Mix all above ingredients in a bowl and blend well. I cooked the bacon first. Pour mixture in to the boat. Put on foiled lined backing sheet. Cook uncovered for 20 minutes. If needed, cook for about another 10 minutes covered with foil. This is what I had to do. Let rest for 5 minutes(tented with foil). Eat and enjoy.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well, I thought more guys would have chimed in on this, so thanks for the above members. The SWMBO put up a great fight for any crumbs that were left over on this dish. Just a great crunchy, cheesy egg filled bite from heaven. As for the guys above, please take some pictures so we all can see your creation.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That looks awesome!

I may make that up the night before, then put it in the boat the next morning.

I don't have any sub rolls...wonder if a hamburger bun top would work.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well, I thought more guys would have chimed in on this, so thanks for the above members. The SWMBO put up a great fight for any crumbs that were left over on this dish. Just a great crunchy, cheesy egg filled bite from heaven. As for the guys above, please take some pictures so we all can see your creation.

Ooops, you replied while I was typing.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Mike, thanks for checking this out. A hamburger top might just work. I think it's thick enough to make boat. I would love to see the finished work.

I think I may modify it a little and add saute some onion and maybe even add a bit of breakfast sausage.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yes, tweak it for whatever you like. I would like to add some cherry tomatoes, garlic, onion and ham. Jalapeños would be a great addition.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have a day off work so time to cook breakfast today. Here my entry into boat club....
egg with a splash of milk, sautéed onion, roasted red pepper, bacon, cheese salt & pepper.
I fried the bacon then used it to line the inside of the hollowed out roll, added rest of filling, you know the rest.....

$20140916_082556.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have a day off work so time to cook breakfast today. Here my entry into boat club....
egg with a splash of milk, sautéed onion, roasted red pepper, bacon, cheese salt & pepper.
I fried the bacon then used it to line the inside of the hollowed out roll, added rest of filling, you know the rest.....

Now we're talking. That looks great Chris. :w00t: But how did it taste?

Now we need to try it with two eggs cracked into the boat(not scrambled). Cook until it's nice and running like a fried egg over easy. Like molten lava...oh nooooo!

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Now we're talking. That looks great Chris. :w00t: But how did it taste?

Now we need to try it with two eggs cracked into the boat(not scrambled). Cook until it's nice and running like a fried egg over easy. Like molten lava...oh nooooo!
Taste was very nice, I think I could have used more roasted red peppers.
I was thinking the same with a whole egg but using a small bun instead of a roll, so would be one egg per roll.

That would be a play on this

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis

View attachment 496167
Chris:
Once again...you never cease to amaze us all! :thumbsup:

Looks simply delicious and yet so easy! :drool:

attachment.php
"Brunch is a mixture ...of artistry and craft...". Chef Wolfgang Puck

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Just saw this Aaron. Yummy! I am thinking breakfast at the ranch and dinner too!

Top Bottom