What's new

What video game are you playing?

[MENTION=32192]hotwheels[/MENTION]

I agree with moving away from the occult. I haven't played Uncharted since it came out, but I felt the game went a bit downhill once you reached the Nazi sub. I just realised I can't actually remember a lot of Uncharted 3. I remember a shoot out in some ruins, the airplane cargo sequence and that's about it. I remember i did enjoy it though.

Made it to Chapter 3 in Uncharted 4. Hasn't grabbed me yet, but none of these others did that instantly either. I like the slow burn of them.

Thanks guys!

I don't know if I'm going to get a PS4 or not, but Uncharted sure sounds fun! Doesn't PS4 have exclusive Final Fantasy remakes and whatnot too? Gran Turismo still around?

There is a remake of FF7 coming out that is exclusive to PS4. As far as Gran Turismo goes, there isn't one on PS4 yet, but "Gran Turismo Sport" comes out in November.

If racing games are what you like, I personally think the XBox has the best ones these days, with the Forza series. An expansion for Forza Motorsport 6 just came out a few years ago, adding 24 NASCARS to the game, as well as the Miami Homestead track. I'm not really a NASCAR fan, but I will admit...they've been a lot of fun!

I just finished Uncharted 4. I really liked it, and it's probably my favorite Uncharted game even though it's more story heavy and less shooting heavy than the others. I don't play the online portion, so I was planning to sell it when I was done, but I think I may replay it with the CEL shading.

Other than that, I'm playing MLB the Show 16 and am always happy to let my kids beat me at another round of Mario Kart. Sadly, I can no longer keep up with them.

There is a remake of FF7 coming out that is exclusive to PS4. As far as Gran Turismo goes, there isn't one on PS4 yet, but "Gran Turismo Sport" comes out in November.

If racing games are what you like, I personally think the XBox has the best ones these days, with the Forza series. An expansion for Forza Motorsport 6 just came out a few years ago, adding 24 NASCARS to the game, as well as the Miami Homestead track. I'm not really a NASCAR fan, but I will admit...they've been a lot of fun!

Thanks Tim!
I have Forza 6 actually... I think it was your recommendation way back too that inspired me. It was a fun game! I didn't play through absolutely everything or replay series with different cars really, but I got close. I'm not much of a replay-er anyway. But that expansion sounds fun! Is it extra $$$, or free dlc?

So, it's time to admit that I've always had a bit of a video game crush on Elena from Uncharted 😍. Discovering she has a top score in Crash Bandicoot just elevated her even further up in my list of awesome female game characters.

I spent quite a few hours playing Crash Bandicoot back in my Uni days....

Back on topic. Finally platinumed Lego Jurassic World. Now I'll stick to Uncharted and maybe mix in a bit of rocket league every so often.

I've picked up Hearthstone, and have been playing casually for about 6 months or so. Any other B&Bers playing? I'm Edcculus#1860 if you want to add me.

I'd say I do decently for being totally F2P. I've made my way through the adventures with gold only, and was getting into the 13-15 ranks when the new wild/standard format thing threw me for a loop. Either way, its still pretty fun to play even though I don't have all of the great cards.

Last edited:
I bought Ratchet & Clank (PS4) for my daughters. I turned it on last week and played it for at least a couple of hours. Fun game! I never played any of the old ones.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I've got a huge backlog. The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Fallout 4, and Shadowrun are waiting in line. I've been playing Overwatch quite a bit as well. So that's currently taking up time I'd need to clear the other games. But hey, it's fun. And the weekly brawls are nice when I get bored of taking the normal mode seriously. Also, still waiting on my GPU replacement to come in since my old one died, so I can crank the settings back up again. Playing at low-res to get high fps from onboard graphics is lame.

The Witcher 3 will take forever to play. IMO it is the best RPG I have ever played. You can really turn the story. It is up to you all of the time, well 95% of the time.

I'm playing the division on ps4 currently. Also play Fifa 16 and destiny from time to time.

agapito84 if anyone wants to add me on psn

Thanks Tim!
I have Forza 6 actually... I think it was your recommendation way back too that inspired me. It was a fun game! I didn't play through absolutely everything or replay series with different cars really, but I got close. I'm not much of a replay-er anyway. But that expansion sounds fun! Is it extra $$$, or free dlc?

Hah...that's right, I remember that now. :p

The expansion is $20, so not free, or even cheap. The extra track is nice, plus there's a whole new NASCAR career progression, and new showcase events. Overall, I've found it to be worthwhile, adding something to keep me coming back to a game I've logged over 200 hours on.

I just (finally) unlocked diamond camo for my Assault Rifles in Black Ops 2. I started working on the SMGs and have experienced burnout. Gonna shelf this title. I have a yearly bonus check coming, I think I may finally treat myself to a PS4. Any recommendations for which combo pack to pick up (Black Ops 3 or Uncharted?)

I just (finally) unlocked diamond camo for my Assault Rifles in Black Ops 2. I started working on the SMGs and have experienced burnout. Gonna shelf this title. I have a yearly bonus check coming, I think I may finally treat myself to a PS4. Any recommendations for which combo pack to pick up (Black Ops 3 or Uncharted?)

As long as you get The Last Of Us and one of the Uncharted games you're good. I like Uncharted 2. Just began playing Uncharted 4. It's awesome!

Well it sounds like you may be a little burned with COD like you said. Black Ops 3 was really good but I'd probably go with Uncharted. Or get the one with the biggest hard drive. I just upgraded to a 2TB hard drive from 500GB and its amazing to be able to have my whole library on the ps4. I would recommend at least 1TB.

Last edited:
This may sound pretty silly, but I just learned about the PS4's touch pad thingy on the controller's from the season 17 South Park GoT spoof! Lol What exactly does it do, and is it important for games? I really don't like gimmicky things that take me out of the game. Like my kids Wii-U. I can't stand playing that because if I wanted to play all or part of my game on a damn DS, I'd play on a DS! Lol So is that PS4 thing anyway like that?

I just beat Mike Tysons Punchout and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES for the first time in my life recently. I think Metroid is next.

This may sound pretty silly, but I just learned about the PS4's touch pad thingy on the controller's from the season 17 South Park GoT spoof! Lol What exactly does it do, and is it important for games? I really don't like gimmicky things that take me out of the game. Like my kids Wii-U. I can't stand playing that because if I wanted to play all or part of my game on a damn DS, I'd play on a DS! Lol So is that PS4 thing anyway like that?
I haven't found any developer that has put the touch pad to good use yet. Mostly it just seems to act as the old select button. Some games treat each half as a separate button; like having 2 select buttons! :)

Don't let it put you off. It is positioned well enough that you can just ignore it most of the time.

Im gonna try the Witcher 3 again. I bought it a few months ago and it just didnt grab me after an hour. So I never tried it again. I heard the new patch made some drastic improvements and I do like RPGs so gonna give it another shot.

Im gonna try the Witcher 3 again. I bought it a few months ago and it just didnt grab me after an hour. So I never tried it again. I heard the new patch made some drastic improvements and I do like RPGs so gonna give it another shot.
I just picked it up on special at PlayStation store. Haven't played it yet, but I've always kept it in the back of mind as something that I should like. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not sure I have the time to play epic RPGs these days. :(

Looks like my dreams of a PS4 will be put on hold. I need to head over to the mower recommendations thread. :sad:

On the bright side, I'll be getting a new lawn toy in the near future.

A few pages back my post about the Witcher 3 can be found and how I lamented its clunky controls and difficulty. After sticking it out I continued and just got the Platinum trophy on it last 05/31. The controls were still clunky at times but I am so glad I persevered. It was one of the best games I've ever played with extreme depth and quality. Keep going on it!

Top Bottom