What's new

Got My Plisson!!

I just created a dummy order just to get the total price. For the least expensive handle plus shipping would be $84.68 to me.

I just created a dummy order just to get the total price. For the least expensive handle plus shipping would be $84.68 to me.

Unfortunately, Double Edge is in Australia, and shipping charges down under are often exorbitant. Also, the more attractive resin handles like the horn and tortoise demonstrably raise the final price.

Unfortunately, Double Edge is in Australia, and shipping charges down under are often exorbitant. Also, the more attractive resin handles like the horn and tortoise demonstrably raise the final price.

I noticed that and if I were to order one directly from Plisson I would go with the least expensive. The knots sure look like the same thing and I guess we in the US are fortunate to be able to buy them for $55 USD. I'm not that concerned about the L'Occitane wooden handles but maybe I should be. I still plan to dry mine off with a towel as a precaution.

Sad but true about shipping prices down here. Also the $AUD (sometimes called the South Pacific Peso) is high in historic average value terms at the moment but it is falling. If I waited the overall cost would have risen even higher with our lower exchange rate.
And yes those more expensive faux horn handles are nice.
(And so, with the application of a small amount of effort I can talk myself into any purchase)

Sad but true about shipping prices down here. Also the $AUD (sometimes called the South Pacific Peso) is high in historic average value terms at the moment but it is falling. If I waited the overall cost would have risen even higher with our lower exchange rate.
And yes those more expensive faux horn handles are nice.
(And so, with the application of a small amount of effort I can talk myself into any purchase)

Heh. Look at it this way, the Plisson palladium handles are even more expensive, so, in a way, you're saving money. :laugh:

Besides, you need a Plisson synthetic. Everyone else has one, and it's the best synthetic since at least last year. . .

Thanks Branford....(I think).

Though, you have to admit, those palladium handles really are nice . . . :wink2:

On a more serious note, once your brush arrives and you have a chance to play with your new toy, I'm confident that any doubts you may have about both its performance or value brush will quickly disappear.

I've seen a lot of plissons on here with a fan shape. Mine is more of a bulb. Are there 2 versions or is one a newer model?

I've seen a lot of plissons on here with a fan shape. Mine is more of a bulb. Are there 2 versions or is one a newer model?

There seems to be two versions of the brush that have only very minor differences.

The original version simply says "Plisson" on the handle and the knot has more of a fan shape.

The newer version says "Plisson Pour L'Occitane" and appears to have more of a bulb shape.

The comfort and performance of both brushes appear similar, if not indistinguishable.

View attachment 496427 $bH3DvO7.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be two versions of the brush that have only very minor differences.

The original version simply says "Plisson" on the handle and the knot has more of a fan shape.

The newer version says "Plisson Pour L'Occitane" and appears to have more of a bulb shape.

The comfort and performance of both brushes appear similar, if not indistinguishable.

View attachment 496427View attachment 496428
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Especially the similar performance as I was having late buyers remorse thinking there was a plisson synthetic that could out perform the version I have, and that I didn't jump on it earlier.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Especially the similar performance as I was having late buyers remorse thinking there was a plisson synthetic that could out perform the version I have, and that I didn't jump on it earlier.

I personally own the older model. I have no personal experience with the newer brush, and am simply repeating what little I've heard. However, very few people own both versions of the brush for a direct comparison, but virtually all give both versions of the brush very positive reviews.

I additionally doubt Plisson or L'Occitane would release a subsequent "inferior" brush. To the extent there are any noticeable differences, my guess is that the newer model might be very slightly firmer due the the more bulbous shape, correcting a perceived "flaw" in the older brush since some complained it might be a little too floppy.

So I've used the brush twice now and its simply incredible even softer then my WD Silvertip. It feels amazing and what a lather it whips up! I tell ya, this is gonna be the future for sure! Excellent face lathering machine!

So I've used the brush twice now and its simply incredible even softer then my WD Silvertip. It feels amazing and what a lather it whips up! I tell ya, this is gonna be the future for sure! Excellent face lathering machine!
Their future...our now! Enjoy the shaves! Just finished up mine just now. Face and head...ahhh...the luxurious life.

I really like this brush but I learned the hard way that I have to make sure I shake out the excess water properly. It tends to ruin the lather if you forget to get most of the water out in my experience as it all comes rushing out at once.

Top Bottom