What's new

Boomerang Pie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Has anyone made or eaten a store bought Boomerang Pie? I saw a news story on a local food company making these and selling them to the local grocery stores. They look very good.

$ChickenMushroom.png

Last edited:
I just looked up the website - boy do those things look GOOD! Maybe I'm just hungry.

Looks like you can order them online which may be something I want to do. They look like they'd be perfect for the cold winter lunches coming up where I know I won't want to leave the building.

EDIT: Looks like they only do overnight shipping which is $80 to Virginia. For once, I wished I lived in the great state of TX!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I just looked up the website - boy do those things look GOOD! Maybe I'm just hungry.

Looks like you can order them online which may be something I want to do. They look like they'd be perfect for the cold winter lunches coming up where I know I won't want to leave the building.

EDIT: Looks like they only do overnight shipping which is $80 to Virginia. For once, I wished I lived in the great state of TX!

Do you have a Whole Foods in the area? They carry them.

Boomerang's Pies are now available in the frozen food section at HEB across Texas, nationwide in Whole Foods, Target, and at Wegman's on the east coast.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Do you have a Whole Foods in the area? They carry them.

Boomerang's Pies are now available in the frozen food section at HEB across Texas, nationwide in Whole Foods, Target, and at Wegman's on the east coast.

Hell, I wish we would get HEB up in my part of Texas. We do have Central Market, but they are very proud of their stuff.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I picked up a box of the store bought Boomerang Pie when I was at HEB this afternoon. I got the Steak & Potatoes. Not exactly cheap at $5.98 for two. It was in the organic/gluten free pastry freezer. I'll try and snap a picture of the finished(cooked) product.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Never heard of a boomerang pie, but I have a good recipe for a ricochet biscuit.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Boomerang pie, do they come back if you throw them? They do look nice but have you considered making your own. Then you could make a Carne Guisada pie :thumbup1:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Boomerang pie, do they come back if you throw them? They do look nice but have you considered making your own. Then you could make a Carne Guisada pie :thumbup1:

Oh yeah...that does sound good. Great idea...now you made my wheels start spinning. I think a puff pastry similar to what's in pot pies would work great.

Saved and Printed :laugh:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
So, there are no HEB's in Dallas? What?...that seems weird.

Nope. Hopefully when they do come they go to Fort Worth first. I was wrong, the closest is Burleson, which is about 25 miles away. I would go there first. Like the old song says, life's too short to go to Dallas.

on edit: Google dusted the cobwebs from my memory. It wasn't a country song. Fort Worth used to have a popular saying "Life's too short to live in Dallas". I just take it a step further ("go" instead of "live")

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
For the price of a few pies you can buy some oval pie dishes.
Steak & Mushroom, Steak & Onion, Steak & Kidney (if that is your thing), Potato top pie, pepper steak and lets not forget a :a23: & egg pie.
There are many more options but that should be enough for you to get started. Now you may want to get a big pot to pre cook the fillings.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For the price of a few pies you can buy some oval pie dishes.
Steak & Mushroom, Steak & Onion, Steak & Kidney (if that is your thing), Potato top pie, pepper steak and lets not forget a :a23: & egg pie.
There are many more options but that should be enough for you to get started. Now you may want to get a big pot to pre cook the fillings.

Well, the LOML and I have already talked about this. We have a store just right down the street that has medium sized ramekins that would be perfect. Just a few dollars for each. I'm headed over there tomorrow to buy some. So, now I need to decide what goes inside. I think your idea of carne Guisada with maybe added potatoes is brilliant. I'll need a few days to put it all together. Cross your fingers for me.

Top Bottom