What's new

Hey fellow Tucsonans/Arizonans, do we have/need a local shop?

This question goes out to anyone in the city of Tucson or the surrounding areas.

Since discovering the joys of wet shaving whilst living in the city of Tucson, AZ, I've noticed that I can't really find much in the way of wet shaving supplies within the city. I know that there are a couple locations here (High End Tight, and the Crescent smoke shop) that sell a limited selection of wet shaving supplies, but I haven't really discovered any business that has a significant inventory. Does anybody know of a place in Tucson that specializes in wet shave supplies?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of none that are in the Tucson area...
However, Rubinov's is in Phoenix if you ever get up this way. A great store with much to choose from.
http://rubinovs.com/

Rubinov’s Barber Supplies LLC.
8528 N 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Ph. 602 749 9149
Fx. 602 749 9159
[email protected]

There's a thread somewhere cataloguing a handful of places in the valley, but I don't remember anything in the Tuscon area. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Another GREAT shop (also not in Tucson) is Penchetta here in north Scottsdale. Freindly shop owner, solid selection of hardware and software. Tony is also the proprietor of "TGN" The Golden Nib. I hear great things about Rubinovs as well. Thats where my Barber buys all his gear.

Another GREAT shop (also not in Tucson) is Penchetta here in north Scottsdale. Freindly shop owner, solid selection of hardware and software. Tony is also the proprietor of "TGN" The Golden Nib. I hear great things about Rubinovs as well. Thats where my Barber buys all his gear.
I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Scottsdale. Thanks for that!

Since my first post on this thread, I found a couple of spots in Tucson with very small but decent selections. First is High End Tight, which is a barbershop that also sells supplies. It's all Parker razors and brushes but they have a good amount of each. They also have a handful of antique DEs. They sell Arko and Parker soap. They have a large selection of blades. Friendly shop owners. If you enjoy a traditional barber wet shave and you live in Tucson, this is the place for you.
I actually just got back from the second shop, which is called Crescent. It's primarily a tobacconist and newsstand, and it has been around for decades. They carry a bunch of Merkur razors, which is awesome. DEs, shavettes, and straights. There are several brands of brushes and bowls, and they sell TOBS creams and Col. Conk pucks. I came away with Col. Conk's Bay Rum soap and TOBS's sandalwood cream. I'm about to test out the cream; very exciting for me. The staff there were knowledgeable in wet shaving, and were a pleasure to talk to.
So the selections at both shops were limited, but it sure beats having nothing. I recommend both places.

I know of none that are in the Tucson area...
However, Rubinov's is in Phoenix if you ever get up this way. A great store with much to choose from.
http://rubinovs.com/

Rubinov’s Barber Supplies LLC.
8528 N 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Ph. 602 749 9149
Fx. 602 749 9159
[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL]
+1 Carries a pretty good assortment of blades, razors and brushes. Was thinking about taking a trip up there this weekend to check out the Parker 26c.

Top Bottom