What's new

3 New JNATS on the way! Shobu, Wakasa, Narutaki

Ordered these direct from stores in Japan, very excited!

First up is a Narutaki that displays the Shohonyama stamp. 200x75x14mm

$20140515.jpg$20140515-1.jpg

Next up is a Shobudani Iromono aka Shobu aka Shoboudani aka Syoubutani depending on where you find them that is 205x77x35mm.

$20140830-25.gif$20140830-27.gif$20140830-26.gif

As usual if anyone can chime in with meanings of the stamps please do! One particular I am curious about is the 一本撰 "ipponsen" stamp that should mean 'hand selected' or 'high' grade or 'highest grade' that seems to pop up pretty frequently.

As usual if anyone can chime in with meanings of the stamps please do! One particular I am curious about is the 一本撰 "ipponsen" stamp that should mean 'hand selected' or 'high' grade or 'highest grade' that seems to pop up pretty frequently.

Ipponsuguri means best choosen quality.

Sebastian, very much so lol. I couldn't pass these stones by! This will bring my collection to around 10 I think but as these are full size might replace some of my other stones!

Come on brooksy, size doesn`t matter, your girl didn`t tell you so far?

greets Sebastian.

Sam, never!

One thing about the Narutaki that threw me for a loupe is the EP stamp. I thought those were only on Maruichi stones?

Thanks! They are all coming EMS so shouldn't take too long. I've grown fond of testing stones on knives; it's easier to judge what its capable of at the naked eye level as well as for speed.

Top Bottom