What's new

Who got a "Goose?

I do find it strange in this day and age they don't have a website or a place to order from. Their Facebook is not very informative about the product at all.

I would guess that their intention is to sell solely through secondary retailers. I'm sure that they don't want to keep selling them this way as it has to be painful for them as well. In the email above stockpiling an inventory will likely allow them to introduce them at secondary sites and get away from the way they are doing it now.

I guess I will put on my patience hat and wait. I really want to get one. Every new enterprise is going to have growing pains. Especially if its a product everyone wants.

I shaved with the Mongoose today with a Feather pro blade and damn that blade is sharp. Since it's my first time I didn't know what angle to use but I did get a decent shave.

Do these blades get smoother as you use them more? I hope so because I cut myself a little on my neck and I haven't done that in awhile.

Quick follow-up: I emailed them at the address cited above and they responded within a few hours. Apparently there was just a mix-up but they have me back on track! I'm very excited!

Quick follow-up: I emailed them at the address cited above and they responded within a few hours. Apparently there was just a mix-up but they have me back on track! I'm very excited!

Cool! I like the Satin and Dr. Bomber handle a lot. The Big Bomber is great looking, and it's a LOT of handle, at least to my first impression. Let is k ow how the shave goes when you get it!

Last edited:
Cool! I like the Satin and Dr. Bomber handle a lot. The Big Bomber is great looking, and it's a LOT of handle, at least to my first impression. Let is k ow how the shave goes when you get it!

Yeah, that's why I got both handles. I didn't know if the Big Bomber would be too big. Anyway, once it arrives I will give the full impressions.

I would guess that their intention is to sell solely through secondary retailers. I'm sure that they don't want to keep selling them this way as it has to be painful for them as well. In the email above stockpiling an inventory will likely allow them to introduce them at secondary sites and get away from the way they are doing it now.
After the distribution to the list, they'll be selling through Bullgoose Shaving.

I was wondering if any seasoned R41 user would compare the Goose in terms of smoothness and closeness? Cheers!
With the Feather SUPER blades, the blade exposure is considerably increased -- that gets it into R41 territory. Smoother by a long shot, IMO. (Angle is very different, it's not like a clear translation one to the next is going to happen; and the Feather SUPER SE blades are a very different animal from any DE blade).

With the smaller blades, such as the Feather Pro or the Kai Captain Titan Milds, you have a much smoother razor than the R41, no contest, but also a much milder razor than the R41.

Last edited:
I've got my invoice but the razor wouldn't arrive before I go away for Christmas, so I've got to wait until the new year to get my hands on mine....

Today marks 2 weeks since my razor arrived, I believe I have 6 shaves with it, which is every shave since it came. All shaves have been with the same Kai mild blade, but switching between the Dr. Bomber and Big Bomber handles. So far it has not been what I expected, but not in a bad way. I was expecting a more aggressive razor than the Cobra for some reason, and it is not, IMO quite a bit less aggressive, not that it's a bad thing, which may be because the correct angle is very intuitive and easy to find. It still provides a nice smooth shave, I have not had a single nick or weeper yet, knock on wood. I do find that I have to rinse more often than with the Cobra, but no big deal. I haven't decided which handle I prefer yet, they both have their pros/cons. I look forward to moving on to a Feather Super and see how that affects the shave. I don't think it's a Cobra killer and won't be completely replacing mine, but it's a very nice razor and the workmanship is top notch.

I received my ATT Slant(s) and the Mongoose on the same day. Tomorrow is the first shave with the Mongoose, and I'm way too excited for a man of my age. :001_huh:

There must be something wrong with me - I am obsessed with my new Mongoose and await every new comment breathlessly.

Maybe it's because the comments have been so varied. Is it mild? Is it aggressive? Is the Feather Pro too sharp? Not sharp enough? Does it feel like a Tech - or like an R41? Milder than a Cobra? More aggressive than a Cobra? Smoother than a Cobra? Apparently, the answer to all of these questions is "yes".

I had a great shave yesterday with my Mongoose with a Sabi handle on it. I fine the KAI blades to be a bit smoother than the Feather Pro. They are both good. I may stick with the KAI mild blades. With MWF it was a very smooth shave.

$Lather_MWF.jpg

There must be something wrong with me - I am obsessed with my new Mongoose and await every new comment breathlessly.

I managed to get on the list 15 October. I'm still waiting on my invoice and I find myself checking this thread several times daily for news of shipments and reviews.

So happy to see news.... So sad that I don't have mine yet...

Top Bottom